Eyebiter
New Member
I thought it would be cool to see what people have gotten accidentally or found in a school that they shouldn’t have been in. I’ve been buying fish for 20 years or so and have worked in a few pet stores. The following fish I’ve never seen for sale. It’s entirely possible that these fish just aren’t popular in the Midwest, US or that I didn’t see them when I was in my South American Only phase.
The B. Evertti (clown barbs) I found looking for Arulious barbs. I got one accidentally and when he started acting funny (I think I even posted here about it) I noticed he was different. He clearly wasn’t happy being alone – just ‘bouncing’ under a leaf. I went back to LFS and found another in the same tank and grabbed him. Now they’re both fat and happy. They don’t bully anything, just don’t get in the way of their feeding.
http
/img176.imageshack.us/img176/9762/beveretti1il0.jpg
The tetra I don’t know what it is and found it in a school of glow lights
http
/img176.imageshack.us/img176/1844/tetra2lg8.jpg
http
/img530.imageshack.us/img530/2831/tetra1xe7.jpg
The silver rasbora I found with brilliants.
http
/img530.imageshack.us/img530/3632/silverrasms8.jpg
I have a rasbora or danio that I can’t ID either. He won’t stay still for a pic. I’ll try short video soon. He’s got a spot high and behind his gill and has orange on the lower back half by his anal fin.
Anyone have anything to add?
The B. Evertti (clown barbs) I found looking for Arulious barbs. I got one accidentally and when he started acting funny (I think I even posted here about it) I noticed he was different. He clearly wasn’t happy being alone – just ‘bouncing’ under a leaf. I went back to LFS and found another in the same tank and grabbed him. Now they’re both fat and happy. They don’t bully anything, just don’t get in the way of their feeding.
http
/img176.imageshack.us/img176/9762/beveretti1il0.jpgThe tetra I don’t know what it is and found it in a school of glow lights
http
/img176.imageshack.us/img176/1844/tetra2lg8.jpghttp
/img530.imageshack.us/img530/2831/tetra1xe7.jpgThe silver rasbora I found with brilliants.
http
/img530.imageshack.us/img530/3632/silverrasms8.jpgI have a rasbora or danio that I can’t ID either. He won’t stay still for a pic. I’ll try short video soon. He’s got a spot high and behind his gill and has orange on the lower back half by his anal fin.
Anyone have anything to add?







