lukecrossland
New Member
- Joined
- Oct 6, 2009
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Evening all,
New to the forum so sorry if this is in the wrong room???
I have a 200 lt tank and have an undergravel filter. I have some gravel in my downpipe that leads from the powerhead. How can i get it out without emptying the tank. There is a small crack at the joint of the filter and downpipe but hasnt been a problem before.
As i was doing a water change and gravel clean i disrupted some un eaten food and it became suspended in the water. Usually my filter would draw it into the gravel. At the moment it doesnt seem to be
Could this be beacuse of the gravel in the downpipe?
I dont want to wake in the morning to find dead fish from the water not being crystal clear. Any ideas???
Bit of a novice so suggest even it it sounds obvious.
Many thanks in advance
Luke
New to the forum so sorry if this is in the wrong room???
I have a 200 lt tank and have an undergravel filter. I have some gravel in my downpipe that leads from the powerhead. How can i get it out without emptying the tank. There is a small crack at the joint of the filter and downpipe but hasnt been a problem before.
As i was doing a water change and gravel clean i disrupted some un eaten food and it became suspended in the water. Usually my filter would draw it into the gravel. At the moment it doesnt seem to be
Could this be beacuse of the gravel in the downpipe? I dont want to wake in the morning to find dead fish from the water not being crystal clear. Any ideas???
Bit of a novice so suggest even it it sounds obvious.
Many thanks in advance
Luke

If you have a crack in the plate, it's clearly letting gravel under the plate and into the workings of your filter. This means the plate is knackered and in need of replacement
Total tank strip-down job that means 









