Ultimate predator!

nick.w said:
hey i was wondering what wuld b that best fish u culd keep in a reasonable size tank...under a 100g where u culd actually see them feed ( hunt and kill). Just my u cant really with my bichir and wuld like to get a fish like that...so i could stick guppys and feeder fish and watch lol!!!
Just so that you know, Feeding live fish to your preditory fish is illegal in the UK and is punishable with a hefty fine and the confiscation of not only the fish, but also any other animals (dogs, cats, hamsters, whatever) in your care. You may also be subject to a court order banning you from keeping any animal for a while or even for ever

This is an interesting law, seeing as when it comes to predator coarse fishing you're allowed to 'live-bait'. It's strange that you are allowed to feed live fish to catch fish for sport, but not allowed to feed live fish as food to pets (mainly bigger fish).

A bit off topic, but I just thought I'd add a bit :)

Can anyone give a link to where I can read about this law?

If I remember rightly, I think it says you can't feed if the 'prey' goes through unneccessary suffering' so I think if it doesnt suffer, it might be ok.

Though I may be wrong,

Can anyone give a link to where I can read about this law?

If I remember rightly, I think it says you can't feed if the 'prey' goes through unneccessary suffering' so I think if it doesnt suffer, it might be ok.

Though I may be wrong,

Lol get the 'prey' really drunk they'll never know what hit/ate) them :D

THE Almighty Wolf Fish is the best choice!

wolf-fish-closeup.jpg

wolf-fish-zoomin.jpg

I am glad to be in the USA!! I can feed my fish water ever I want, with out the goverment telling me what to do in my own home! :good: I can still crop my Rottwielers tail, dock the ears on a pitbull, and feed my wasp fish live guppies!

Why not get a wasp fish!! Not that big but the will gulp down anything it can fit in its mouth. They look real cool also!

Forget gulpers, theyre impressive (and i have one) but fowlerii cats are the real beasts, they will attempt to eat ANYTHING and if it doesnt fit who cares theyll kill it and take a few days to swallow it, and if its still too big just bite it clean in half, i've got one of those too :)

Personally my African Butterfly is m favorie predator. It is fun o watch. It is very agressive during feeding times. It stalks its prey, then pounces in. Anyone who has an african butterfly knows that the size of their mouth is huge. It can eat almost anything you could want to feed it. I feed it live brine shrimp and freeze dried bloodworms. Ocassionally a cicket or two as a treat.

Would need a much bigger tank, but Crystal Eyes Catfish (Hemibagrus wyckii) are real heavy hitters and can really punch above their weight. Good looking fish as well. Also a fish that I would love to keep would be a Bagarius bagarius from India. A cooler river tank would be ideal. Got a major rep in India for their aggressiveness and ability to tackle large prey. The law is always a funny thing by the way.... :crazy:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back