• Total voters
guppy/molly - yes
HybridedeMolly.jpg

hybrid_of_guppy_and_molly.jpg

swordtail/platy - yes

guppy/platy - no

swordtail/molly - yes(i have done it)
sword_hifin_redeye_w090.jpg

Are we all going round in big, boring circles here? If any of you have managed to breed Mollies with Swordtails I would be very surprised but in order to save my own sanity and to prevent me from beating my head against the keyboard until either my head or the computer breaks... I will gracefully abstain from any further conversation (no disrespect intended pipoodle).

sword tail molly...no. unless you ised AI in which case its still very rare/impossible

to me it looks like a platy/sowrdtail cross. with hifin genes in the mix

Molly/sword is impossible even with AI it will never happen.

I agree with Dunchp.

Adrianhd dose a lot of playing and to be honest i dont like it, and no need for it. He has produced some intresting fish but the exact history has not been fully published.

i never said he did a molly sword i said what he has done and that was a molly / limia and molly guppy etc but not a molly sword i have no idea where people are getting the idea i said that from

REPEAT OF PREVIOUS POST

after doing lots of research and finding proven pictures - some from a member on this site
the following HYBRIDS happen

Molly X Guppy / Endler
Molly X Limia
Limia X Guppy / Endler
Guppy / Endler X Gambusia Vitatta
Girardinus Metallicus X Formosa
Poecilia Picta X Guppy/Endler
platy x swordtail
Gold Formosa X Guppy/endler

We know that, but we was responding to love4aquatic 1st post at the top of this page!

lol, after you've bred the molly with the swordtail, why don't you try breeding a dog with a cat?? it's the same experiment.

interestingly though, my male molly was always trying to have sex with my female platys.

dude, lol

i think i feel a lil dumber just for reading all these posts. the early posts especially made me laugh coming from idiots who have no idea about genetics etc! any results you think youve found are all BS. believe ur own imagination if you wish but keep it there dude! these crosses cannot and will not ever occure! and u need to be sent of to a mental home if u continue to believe!

raise your hand if you have a degree in genetics and understand cold blooded species... if none of you can do so, let the guy do his experiment and get off it. this is extremely childish... :rolleyes: if you can raise your hand, politely prove this guy wrong so we can all move on :hyper:

I must agree with Duff. Although I seriously doubt the likely outcomes, I know that everything we believe today was shown possible by a person that did not believe the best "scientists" of his day. Instead they went forward in the face of uncertainty and even ridicule to show that they were really right. That has not changed just because it has been a while since we are aware of it having happened. I really wish the OP luck in showing possible what many of us believe to be impossible.

(Before I say anything, I am no expert at all and do not wish to be mean.) :fish:
It seems to me (from what I know about basic genetics) that most different-species mixes do not work (at all) . Though the fish world is very different from many animals we are familiar with, it would seem that some fish specie combos will simply not result in fry. Since they have been proved incapable of mating successfully with each other, it would be fairly fruitless to attempt this (unless you wanted to further prove it impossible), especially with only hobbyist (not scientist) quality materials (not that pet-store available products aren't high quality, it's just not lab type). There are also many factors outside ones control, like sterility.
But that's just me. I hope I don't sound dumb. :blush: :blush: :blush:

(On a side note, if anyone does find scientific proof of a hybrid, I'd be very interested*!)

*Not to attempt it myself, of course

okay, humprey before you go insulting ppl about their ideas maybe you should check the date of the last post. People like you can't even spellcheck their sentences, and you think anyone is going to respect your opinion? please, get a life.

Most reactions

Back