Uk Mail order fish dealers

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
it's hard to say really.

freight for 1 box tends to be around £80, so when importing this can somtimes be the main cost.

it all depends on what fish your buying..for an examply on a recent list i viewed you could have 1200 tetras per box or 1 large catfish.

what the guy at Oddball Express told me is if there's aorund 10-20 in a box there going to be around the 5-7" mark. if there's aorund 50 in a box there going to be around 3-4" then anything over that will be up to aorund 2" in there hundreds.

it helps if the company would do split boxes, some places would only sell complete boxes. say if plecs come in 100 per box then you have to buy all one hundred to cant have like 30 plecs, 20 synodontis and then 200 tetras!

Ty. Actually, what I meant to put was.... Trimar delivery is £10 for up to 20kg. So how much roughly is this, as Trimar is probably the most ordered from?

to be honest i don't have a clue but it's going to be quite alot of fish.

will have to weigh a bag water!

>>> £80 was for shipping and airport tax

For a single box, it is not worth it, but if you can get a reasonable order together, it becomes economic to drive over and collect them from the European mainland.

I did 3-4 runs in the early 90's to Holland and Germany.

I had a DoE import licence, I don't know if that is still necessary.

yeh thats all the totals for the freight on that box.

i think there were 3-4 arowanas per box so was pretty good coming in from malaysia (sp..)

he had to fill in plenty of forms to get the liecence to import them.

i knew there was some rule like that but couldn't rember, just have to work out how much water a average size bag holds now.

Just realised i used to have one of the fish thats on that german site i had a Batanga lebretonis and always assumed it was a young fat head sleeper goby- my ex is goign to be releived that he doesn't ahve to go and buy it a bigger tank now!!
I've order fish from tri -mar before very good but only econical if you order quite a few fish from them unless they have something extremely rare you want!

:) i have brought fish from Sexfasciata - they were very well package, all arrived alive and postage was resonable,

good to hear some positive feedback from you for them.

what did you buy off them if you don't mind me asking?

ok here's a new one.

give this bloke a e-mail asking for a stock list and you might find some interesting bits on there.

i just received 5 pike cichlids from him bags were still very warm when i got them and all looking great, even chucked in a freebie!

courier cost is about £16 and he uses TNT, based in arberdeen.

[email protected]

Paul_MTS said:
ok here's a new one.

give this bloke a e-mail asking for a stock list and you might find some interesting bits on there.

i just received 5 pike cichlids from him bags were still very warm when i got them and all looking great, even chucked in a freebie!

courier cost is about £16 and he uses TNT, based in arberdeen.

[email protected]
ah so you've found out about dave then!!
good fish at reasonable prices.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back