Hey Team
I have some questions. I have a new tank, my first one. It is going well but I have a dark green algae that is spreading quite fast. It looks like green candyfloss and is growing on the sand, the bogwood and the rocks. I have the following fish:
35 x cardinal tetras
12 x Rummy Nose Tetras
3 x Clown Loaches
3 x Siamese Flying Foxes
3 x armoured catfish
1 x South American Puffer
The tank is 190 litres and has a number of plants. Lights are on 8 hours a day. Levels all read normal.
Does anyone have any ideas on what this algae is and how to get rid of it? None of the fish seem interested in eating it.
Thanks in advance for your ideas.
I have some questions. I have a new tank, my first one. It is going well but I have a dark green algae that is spreading quite fast. It looks like green candyfloss and is growing on the sand, the bogwood and the rocks. I have the following fish:
35 x cardinal tetras
12 x Rummy Nose Tetras
3 x Clown Loaches
3 x Siamese Flying Foxes
3 x armoured catfish
1 x South American Puffer
The tank is 190 litres and has a number of plants. Lights are on 8 hours a day. Levels all read normal.
Does anyone have any ideas on what this algae is and how to get rid of it? None of the fish seem interested in eating it.
Thanks in advance for your ideas.







