Two sponge filters, one air pump

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

ellamay

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Iā€™m trying to get an extra filter running in my existing tank, ready to move into a new tank in a few weeks. Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s all set up correctly but the airs only going to one of the filters. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 656357D7-ADDA-4EB4-B425-01C9FA34294A.jpeg
    656357D7-ADDA-4EB4-B425-01C9FA34294A.jpeg
    329.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 138C0AF4-676E-44B6-81EF-E77CF0499DB5.jpeg
    138C0AF4-676E-44B6-81EF-E77CF0499DB5.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 36
What you need in a situation like this is a gang valve unit. Picture below, this happens to be the plastic version, you may also find brass ones, but I have had good results with the plastic for several years now. Then you can adjust the two lines to get any distribution of air you want. It is always good to have one valve more than you need, as it serves as a "bleeder" which means the pump is always putting out maximum air and this is better for the pump, so with two filters, a 3-valve air gang would be good.

Attachments

• air gang valve.jpg
    air gang valve.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 34
What you need in a situation like this is a gang valve unit. Picture below, this happens to be the plastic version, you may also find brass ones, but I have had good results with the plastic for several years now. Then you can adjust the two lines to get any distribution of air you want. It is always good to have one valve more than you need, as it serves as a "bleeder" which means the pump is always putting out maximum air and this is better for the pump, so with two filters, a 3-valve air gang would be good.
Perfect thank you!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back