~!twinkie!~

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FBTgirl2

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Well, my rabbit had a litter of kits while I was on vacation (a 3 month vacation) and all but one has found a home. In 4 days I get to meet my brand new lil' Twinkie. He has lived at my house his whole life but I have seen him once, right after he was born. He is a black and White Mini Rex and French Angora mix. He is cute and from what my father says, very friendly. I am so excited. He will bring my bunny count up to 6. I hope he adjusts to my lil' Sky Scraper, his half brother, okay. Since they will be both living in my room, Sky pretty much owns my room but I hope Twinkie fits in okay. Thoughts? Suggestions? Tips (I don't really need any but its nice to know new stuff :D)

Congratulations, any chance of a photo?

What age will you have him 'done' not sure what you call it for Rabbits :blush:

Seffie x

Neutered? LoL! Uhh, I havent thought to much about it, probably around 6 months though (thats around the time they mature). Oh are here are some pics of my lil' boy.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnjtav-oL84

Twinkie and Mama Cynder
tn.jpg

Twinkie, Slim Jim, and Ace. Jr.
tn1.jpg

Twinkie
tn2.jpg

Twinkie at 1 month (I think)
tn3.jpg

Is your other boy in your room neutered? better to have him done too otherwise some scraps might break out.

I have two dressers across the room from eachother. Sky is on one and Twinkie will go on the other, they will change out who has run of the room so they will not come in contact with eachother. Sky is not neutered and I don't plan on neutering him (unless for some reason he really needs it).

Shame, they're much less territorial when they're "done", and saves them from having pent up sexual frustration. But maybe i'm more for neutering because I rescue, each to their own I guess

Shame, they're much less territorial when they're "done", and saves them from having pent up sexual frustration. But maybe i'm more for neutering because I rescue, each to their own I guess

I show my other male so he can't be neutered. I would if I didn't show him.

This may sound stupid lol so bare with me :)

I have no experience with showing rabbits , silverrabbit may be able to clarify as well but why arnt you allowed to show neutered bucks ?
I have never heard of such a rule in the guinea world never knew it was so different.

or did you mean as hes show stock you need him to stud ?

I would neuter if at all possible even on the other side of the room they (if there anything like pigs) will still be able to smell does and each other and it will drive them mad its like me in a cage with doughnuts out of reach would drive me crazy hehe

regards scot

I was told you can't show neutered bucks, but yes I do stud him as well. I have an airconditioned shed that most of my bunnies live in (minus Sky and soon to be Twinkie). My bucks do fine in with all the other rabbits (They have seperate cages). But they are out a lot, like in there pens outside. The males in my barn are even closer cages to does and eachother then all the way across a room, like Twinkie and Sky.

Im home with Twinkie now, I need a few tips. How do I introduce him to my room but let him know that going to the bathroom and stuff will be done in his cage? I have decided to litter box train him but Sky, my other bunny, doesn't have a litter box, but he knows when its time for cage and when he can run free. He's lived in my room since he was born though so it might be a little harder with Twinkie. Oh and for the time being, to get Twinkie use to the place and not scare him with skys presence Sky is in our rabbit shed, just for a week at the most. I don't think I could handle getting twinkie litter box trained and stuff with Sky there freaking out over the new boy. lol.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back