Turtle problems

Well, I went to the pet store and they said that they couldnt help

I am going to see a vet soon (the one near my house has a waiting list!!!)

I bought some chemicals for the turtle and a new light

The turtle seems to bite the fish but wont eat them....

Can you give me some help as to how to repair the turtle shell??
My vet cant see him for at least another week

If worse comes to worse, I will bring him to the pet hospital (emergencies) but it will cost me quite a bit (last time I went for my grandpas turtle and it cost $80 for a two night stay!!!!)

I will try to heal the shell until the vet can have a look but I need some help
Anyone know how to fix turtle shells??

While he is sick, you might want to feed him ground beef. If he isnt feeling well he wont want to hunt and you dont want him to starve. Any meat in small chunks is good. Or feeder crikets. you can put the vitamens stright on the meat and that will help also.

What kinda vitamins???

Will multivitamin for humans work?

Also, I tried the eggs thing and it kinda worked
He bite the egg white and then spat it out
When I came home today, I didnt see the eggs so either the fish ate it or he did

I will now try the beef and meats (I just need to know about the vitamins)

Keep y'all updated....

Can anyone answer my question as to what kinds of vitamins I should feed my turtle??

I am planning to give it just a normal multivitamin (for humans)
Is that okay??
:dunno:

yeah,that's ok, I've seen several recipes for turtle food that include human vitamins (crushed to powder of course) just dust his food with them or you can pick up some that's already crushed at your lps, it should be in the bird or lizard section (both work for turtles too), I've never tried them because I don't know how it could work since my turtle eats IN the water -_- seems like it would just wash off....I guess that's where making your own food comes in handy (oh well,I'll make her some after the holidays).

A well balanced diet can be substituted for vitamins, I hope the egg kicked his appetite up for ya :thumbs: ,try the chicken now.....I can't remember WHY but I KNOW I've read several times that you shouldn't give them ground beef :huh:

Edit:just thought of something... if you can find a liquid vitamin that would be great! Just pry open his mouth and squirt it directly in :p

I'd hold my thumb and pointer finger on each side of his jaw(from behind & under), squeeze gently as you use your other pointer to lower his bottom jaw....now you have to hold it open at the jaw and grab the vitamins and squirt them in, it sounds difficult but I've done it to a turtle I had when I was a kiddo and I saw a lady with a turtle farm give antibiotics that way once

Okay
I tried and he went into his shell

I tried again and he tried to bite me!
What should I do??

O yea, do you mean to squeeze the sides of the head and pick open the mouth?

squeeze the sides of it's jaw, dont pick ...pry when it opens slightly from the pressure, but don't pinch his little head off :lol:

yeah,he probably will try to bite so ya gotta be quick

Hold him in your lap (picturing a big turtle mind you) with his head at your knees, come around from behind him so he's not exactly sure what's going on & you can get a better grip

My turtle isnt swallowing the water of food I put in his mouth

He does this sneeze and coughs everything out

I got bit twice! (no bleeding though)

Boil the eggs,peel & chop them up and give him a couple tiny pieces

Chicken~ just cook a small piece in a pan with a little water on the bottom, ours usually gets the chicken we have leftover from dinner...any style, baked etc..just make sure you give him a piece with no seasonings etc on it.. Our's went bonkers over the turkey I gave her on Thanksgiving :p ,she was catching it before it could hit the bottom of the aquarium :lol:

Tuna~ it depends on what your using,can or filet, filets,just cook under the broiler, if canned use the kind that's in water not oil

Or go to the reptile section of your local pet shop and get him a can of mealworms or crickets or snails :dunno: ,our's eats everything I listed and then some. But if you find something he'll eat....stick with it and offer other things on the side so you can expand his diet

His appetite seems to be coming back but he cant catch any of the fish
Also, he wont eat the tuna or any other meat
He chews it and trys to swallow but ends up spitting it up

What should I do
(o yea, he finally ate one fish)

Most reactions

Back