Tub Of Food In Water!

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Joined
May 4, 2004
Messages
6,671
Reaction score
438
Points
83
Location
Wirral UK
:crazy:
I came home from work and looked in my sons fish tank and my daugter has tipped a whole new tub of fish flake. the fish were all by surface gasping and only one fish had died. Trouble is it was my favourite out the lot my Sultan Plec :angry:

The bizarre and frustrating thing is the angels in there had spawned as well. there were hundreds of eggs on the internal filter!!!

I had to do a large water change and syphon all the flake up and cleaned the filter sponge in old water, hopefully the other fish will pull through ok

My daughter is such a pest sometimes. As much as she;s my little princess she isn;t half a little menace sometimes, I'd even put the fish food out of reach but she gota two stools and put them on top of each other to get to food

Kids eh!! lol

and my poor old sultan
 
Plec's are pretty hardy, RIP poor plec. Put the tub away form the kids reach next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Yea...kids can definitely be a pain. My 3 yr old "feed" my fish a few months ago. I saw it right away and was able to take care of it ASAP. Luckily nothing died.... :sad: sorry about your pleco.

We are having problems with our 5 year old "fishing" in my 125 gallon tank. He did it Monday morning and Thursday morning.

It seems that no matter how hard we try, the kids can always find a way to do what their not supposed to... :grr: It's very frustrating... however, I do Love them!

Plec's are pretty hardy, RIP poor plec. Put the tub away form the kids reach next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kribensis, it sounds like you don't have kids yet!!! Much less my 3!!! Given that 1 is only 9 months old...he still can get into a TON of stuff!
 
When I was younger my grandma had a nice tank and my little cousin feed the fish laundry soap flakes, she was devastated and never had fish again :(

what do you mean by fishing in you tank?? Does he try to net them?
 
:crazy:
I came home from work and looked in my sons fish tank and my daugter has tipped a whole new tub of fish flake. the fish were all by surface gasping and only one fish had died. Trouble is it was my favourite out the lot my Sultan Plec :angry:

The bizarre and frustrating thing is the angels in there had spawned as well. there were hundreds of eggs on the internal filter!!!

I had to do a large water change and syphon all the flake up and cleaned the filter sponge in old water, hopefully the other fish will pull through ok

My daughter is such a pest sometimes. As much as she;s my little princess she isn;t half a little menace sometimes, I'd even put the fish food out of reach but she gota two stools and put them on top of each other to get to food

Kids eh!! lol

and my poor old sultan

This has happened to me before :sad: , I have now put all my food into cleaned up Jam Jars with the lid screwed on really tight, Has stopped my 2 yr old neice so far, But I am sure she will fathom it out at some point. Alternative buy a locked medicine cabinet for storing food in LMAO
Good luck with the rest of the fish, mine were ok Had to do HUGE water change and vac, Cleaned the filter and after a few hours water was not cloudy and I didnt feed em for a week after :rolleyes:
Becks.
 
Plec's are pretty hardy, RIP poor plec. Put the tub away form the kids reach next time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol if your read my post again you'll see that I did but being a litle enterprising she balanced 2 stools on top of each other and climbed up and reached them!!!

no more casualties yet but they don't look too happy but I 'm conscious of changing too much water


Kribensis, it sounds like you don't have kids yet!!! Much less my 3!!! Given that 1 is only 9 months old...he still can get into a TON of stuff!


:good:
 
You can hide the food all you want, but kids are resourceful. You might go down one day and find the sunday roast in there.

Education is better than prevention
 
do one bucket in the morning and one bucket just before you go to bed EVERY day if its a big tank, if its a small one, half. This will give a good period between water changes for the bacteria to develop and won't stress the fish out too much.

...and helen, to be really annoying...Education is prevention :flowers:

Emma
 
do one bucket in the morning and one bucket just before you go to bed EVERY day if its a big tank, if its a small one, half. This will give a good period between water changes for the bacteria to develop and won't stress the fish out too much.

...and helen, to be really annoying...Education is prevention :flowers:

Emma

cheers that was my plan anyhow to be honest. the angel eggs are white now oh and there will be no food for a week!!! I could do with a regime like that myself to lose a few pounds
 
Sorry that happened and you lost your plec. Yes, having had three kids, they can definitely put their mind to something and find a way to get what they want.
 
bummer

just come home from work and the male angel has gone as well.

My son has had the two angels since I got him tank for 2nd birthday and they had just spawned for only the second time :angry: :angry:
 
By fishing...I mean feeding them and then try to scoop them with the fish net when they're coming up to eat...poor fish! He's only caught one out of the couple times and it has survived. I do a head count about every other day(well try to do a head count)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top