Tsunami Auto Top-off

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Don't know the Tsunami but if you thought about DIY......I wanted to try this.

I ended up buying an Osmolatar but I want to know if this would work. C'mon you know you wanna try it. :shifty:

If ya don't mind me asking. How much? Should have looked around before I ordered my osmolater but I just bought it on a whim.

welllll it was about $70 on ebay. I just got it today. Took about 2 minutes to install as I already had the reservoir and pump waiting for it. Um I dont LOVE it...theres no clear way to determine where the high and low water lines are...and I dont trust suction cups. I think it will do alright as long as I keep an eye on it and the reservoir and the specific gravity. It's definitely going to save me a lot of trouble!

If you have one that you're worried about its long-term safety, make sure the volume of the tank that the topof pump is in is not so big that if it does get stuck in fill mode you'd kill the tank....

well, the top off is mounted in my sump...so worst that could happen I suppose is the sump flooding and the ATO adding 5 gallons of fresh water to both my sump and my floor.

Good, that's exactly what I meant, a limited water volume means limited disaster :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back