Trouble on the horizon.

vanalisa

Fish Gatherer
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I got 6 fry from my White Cloud Mountain minnows. I raised them on a 3.5 and just moved them into a 6g.
4 males and only 2 females.
Females may have eggs now...
I put in plants, it's been 3 days and let's just say there is s lot of activity with the males, and one of the females is hanging out in some plants.

Good gravey!

Retired Viking

Fish Connoisseur
Reaction score
Yes, I would agree, you may want to look into a much larger tank in the future.

Last edited:

Deanasue

Staff member
Global Moderator
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
I have all males. :)

OP
vanalisa

vanalisa

Fish Gatherer
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Yes, I would agree, you may want to look into a much larger tank in the future.
Well, I'm not afraid of fry
...I'm afraid the males will "fight to the finish," And/or the females may get stressed. If there are fry I can accommodate.
I'm just a wimp when it comes to aggression between fish. It's limited my options, but I'm fine with that, but -------
Can't they all just get along?

HoldenOn

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well, I'm not afraid of fry
...I'm afraid the males will "fight to the finish," And/or the females may get stressed. If there are fry I can accommodate.
I'm just a wimp when it comes to aggression between fish. It's limited my options, but I'm fine with that, but -------
Can't they all just get along?
You would love keeping african cichlids :)

itiwhetu

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Make sure there is plenty of plant, cover the whole surface of the tank. They will be fine. White clouds are actually good parents and don't actively eat their babies. They will spawn near the surface, the fry hang at the top of the tank, and the adults will swim under them no problem. Boys are more interested in the girls rather than each other

OP
vanalisa

vanalisa

Fish Gatherer
Tank of the Month!
Reaction score
Make sure there is plenty of plant, cover the whole surface of the tank. They will be fine. White clouds are actually good parents and don't actively eat their babies. They will spawn near the surface, the fry hang at the top of the tank, and the adults will swim under them no problem. Boys are more interested in the girls rather than each other
Yes, they do appear to be jousting for the ladies' hand...uhm...fin rather!
Plenty of plants for privacy ☆