pinkdolphin_113
Sinclair Aquatic Systems
Hi, I recently needed help about a killed platy (still don't know who killed him
) but I ended up getting better, and much more needed, advice about a knife fish which I found out could grow up to a metre!
My step-dad is a great plumber, which means all our tanks are pipped up so fresh clear-clean water flows into the tank and back out of the tank near the bottom under the gravel, which is where everything usually ends up. Anyway, he and my mum have been talking about a tropical pond in our back garden. He has worked out the heating that will be needed and the size which he is doing it (14-foot long, 8-foot long and 5 foot deep (not sure about the depth yet
)). But he won't do it until he's sure it's gonna work...does anyone know if it will work properly?
I figure it's like putting lions in ur back garden in England.
If it will, what fish (other than the knife fish) would be compatible and make it look its best? Any ideas?
) but I ended up getting better, and much more needed, advice about a knife fish which I found out could grow up to a metre! My step-dad is a great plumber, which means all our tanks are pipped up so fresh clear-clean water flows into the tank and back out of the tank near the bottom under the gravel, which is where everything usually ends up. Anyway, he and my mum have been talking about a tropical pond in our back garden. He has worked out the heating that will be needed and the size which he is doing it (14-foot long, 8-foot long and 5 foot deep (not sure about the depth yet
)). But he won't do it until he's sure it's gonna work...does anyone know if it will work properly? I figure it's like putting lions in ur back garden in England.
If it will, what fish (other than the knife fish) would be compatible and make it look its best? Any ideas?


Hey! Alot of messages there and I was just laid in bed wondering what advise we might have got...and there is alot!
But it works and has done for almost 20 years.
lol so he was probably looking to build a new one anyway. I yet don't know how the water is going to be filtrated in the pond if all goes ahead but I'm guessing a strong filter will be needed.
. Over 35 years of experience with fish and all he can come up with is... a schooling fish, a "big" fish, a few small or one big bottom feeder and "on the wall fish".







