Trip To Bas

indigoj

sic itur ad astra
Joined
Jun 23, 2007
Messages
2,197
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Bury, UK
Just back from a trip to BAS, my first since they got a new owner. (They were in administration a couple of months ago)

They had plenty of stock in including the usual 'normal' fish - barbs, gouramis, live-bearers etc and quite a few nice unusual fish including Fire Eels (about 9"), Motoro Stingrays (about 7" disc), a few nice plecs as well as bulldog plecs and baby bristlies, also severums, bgk and brown ghost knifes, 2 huge Midas cichlids, albino kribs and a selection of snakeheads.

It was nice to go and see full tanks again and a decent selection of fish, I did give in to temptation any fancy a guess what I got?
 
:good:

Full marks Minx! 1 little fire eel is settling in as I type :)
 
do they only have the motoro rays in indigoj? andy was sure he'd get some different ones in by now. nevermind!
my fire eel is doing well, about a foot long now and eats anything that cross's its path lol.
might head to bas in a couple of weeks, said id go when they got the new shipment in but i think it only got there last week, still waiting on news about an arowana off adny at bas too.
did you notice any pink tailed characins whilst you was there??

Dave
 
I didn't notice any pink tail characins sorry, did see some nice sized flagtails (£18 I think)and yep just the motoros, wonder if they are waiting to see if they sell before getting others in?

Oh they had a lovely big tiger shovelnose too.
 
oh i want a zebra shovelnose not a tiger lol,
yeah he said he didn't know for certain about the other rays so maybe he just had trouble getting them or something!
like the flagtails, might get one, but they only about £11 at pier at the moment.
might just go in a few weeks and see what they got for me lol!!
 
sod it I may as well just go and get a fire eel from there, I;m having no joy getting a bigger one

yes the flagtails are cheaper in Pier and they always have a load of them
 
you not managed to find one yet then simon! then again can't say i have seen many for sale.
yeah might go for a flagtail, don't think my plants will last long though lol
did you get them rocket gars simon? if so, how are they doing?
oh yeah how is your ray doing? should be getting mine very soon!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top