Triops(bet Your Thinking Not Agian)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
use a spell checker as well, if you are gonna post drivel at least make sure it spelt correctly

For Christ's sake dudes, he's a 12-year old boy! Don't expect him to act like an adult.

Some young folks, like N3ont3tra, can act mature and responsible on here, and we have a lot of 16-and-up posters who I wouldn't know were young if I didn't check the birthdate on the profile, but expecting any but the rare 12-year old to spell correctly, actually give helpful responses to questions asked, and not troll is just ridiculous.

but expecting any but the rare 12-year old to spell correctly, actually give helpful responses to questions asked, and not troll is just ridiculous.

Why so? I don't see why he couldn't, I've been on this forum since I've been 12, I'm 14 now, English is my 3rd language and I still make a lot more sense than him... At least I hope so...

Toatally agree with Prankster, if he can make perfect sence with english as a third language, why can't Cobalt?
Cobalt has put me off the inverts forum purely because im sick of seeing yet more posts where people are telling him what to do time and time again (its not you guys im getting at, your being to patient with him lol) and having their advice and time ignored. Yes, we have all put bad posts and made mistakes, but it seams as if each post Cobalt puts is even worse: ignoring advice from more experienced members, giving the wrong advice and continually speaking in text lingo gives off a very poor impression of someone im sure is mislead.

he's a 12-year old boy! Don't expect him to act like an adult.

We are'nt expecting him to act like an adult, we just expect him to make sence in what he is posting, give advice to people and take advice from others who are more knowledgeable than him. Many of the posts he posts can be interpreted in different ways, and godamit, my sister is twelve and makes perfect sence in what she is saying (the tiny amount that I listen to her that is). If she can spell, not endlessly speak in text and listen to advice, then why can't Cobalt?

I'll third prankster. Being 12 is no excuse.

Although, wasn't there some sort of law that prohibits people under 13 from signing up for services on the internet?

I fourth prankster.
Toatally agree with Prankster, if he can make perfect sence with english as a third language, why can't Cobalt?
Cobalt has put me off the inverts forum purely because im sick of seeing yet more posts where people are telling him what to do time and time again (its not you guys im getting at, your being to patient with him lol) and having their advice and time ignored. Yes, we have all put bad posts and made mistakes, but it seams as if each post Cobalt puts is even worse: ignoring advice from more experienced members, giving the wrong advice and continually speaking in text lingo gives off a very poor impression of someone im sure is mislead.
I agree. If you think I'm being too patient with him on the forums, you should see my PM inbox. I am being way too patient with him. I have given him sooooooo much advice, most of it being extremely simple stuff and lots of it isn't even fish related. He says he'll follow it, then either ignores it completely or only half follows it.
I think every day for the past week I have sent him an email about how his approach to this forum is wrong and telling him to type proper English.
He also follows me around on the forums and posts lame answers (usually 100% false) to other peoples questions in topics I have posted in as an excuse to ask if I have got his PM (that he sent like 3 seconds before).
I got him to stop that, but he still followed me, this time to give extremely dubious advice that was also incorrect and make a bad joke about MY grammar and how I apparently have a lesbian mother.

I have multiple reasons to believe he has scammed me out of triops eggs (though I kinda figured he was trying to do that, there was a 1 in 1000 chance he wasn't lying and for me this was worth it, you cannot buy lepidurus eggs).

Although, wasn't there some sort of law that prohibits people under 13 from signing up for services on the internet?
There doesn't appear to be anything that says it on this forum, though most other forums seem to have that as a rule when signing up and now I know why.
There are plenty of 12 year olds mature enough to be members of a forum, colbat1 is not one of them.
I'm tired and fed up with him, and as I have explained to him (very nicely) he is ruining the invert board.....

I'm giving him one chance to redeem himself before I block him through PM...I've already said I wasn't going to help him, but I'm weak and I've gieven him tons of advice since I said that. No more.

I feel for you three-fingers. If I were you, I'd have him blocked a long time ago. You're a patient man.

I didn't mean to insult anyone who was young. As I said, there are rare teenagers and pre-teens who come to forums mature enough to make a good contribution. However, they generally come to forums already mature and willing to learn (or, at least, can quickly be shamed into behaving appropriately). Cobalt0/1 is clearly not one of the former group, meaning he's going to need some years of maturity yet before he can be expected to act in any way other than effective trolling.

His spelling is atrocious, and I'm sure his posts are incomprehensible (I don't keep Triops, so I just ignore his posts mostly), but IMHO he should have been banned by the mods after the second time he was clearly lying to people looking for legitimate help. That's just beyond the pale on a forum where we're supposed to discuss *information*

1.im a brillent speller i just go on msn to much so you can all shut up
2.be patient! geez u can just say to me stop talking
3.this topic is closed now dont come back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back