Trident tailsā€¦ is this only a male trait???

Magnum Man

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Like on my interruptus Congo tetras, I think only the males get the Tridentā€¦ on my brichardiā€™s, all but the smallest one have gotten trident tailsā€¦ thoughts???

Didnā€™t get a reply, to my 1st post fish that have the trident / center point that protrudes out the middle I see them on Congo tetras, and clown killi fishā€¦ is this a male only trait??? Iā€™ve got a small shoal of Brichardi tetras, and all but the smallest, had trident tails, did I get a bachelor group, or can females of some species get the trident tail??

Didnā€™t get a reply, to my 1st post fish that have the trident / center point that protrudes out the middle I see them on Congo tetras, and clown killi fishā€¦ is this a male only trait??? Iā€™ve got a small shoal of Brichardi tetras, and all but the smallest, had trident tails, did I get a bachelor group, or can females of some species get the trident tail??
I'm not sure about congos and clown killies, but on my emperor and rainbow tetras both males and females have an extended central caudal ray, although the male one is significantly larger and more noticeable.

In my never identifiable Phenecogrammus type, both had extended middle rays, but males' were much longer. I knew I had both sexes because I had one fry, but it only lived a couple of weeks.
The difference in the caudal extension was very evident.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back