Trial And Error

looking really good, looks a little bit like an inverted version of my tank :)

youre getting really good at planted tanks, i bet in a years time youll have an ada setup and be entering competitions

Ok ok, I'll let you off!

This tank is gonna look goood, yeah the wood on the right looks a little out of place right now but ya gotta let the plants get going, it'll look SUPER then
good.gif

May have a scout around for some redmoor. Might swap the substrates around so that the biggest area is cat litter and the small piece is gravel.

Creg, thanks very much! I doubt it, but never say never. :lol:

Nice one, this looks brilliant. Good to see that you did set up and scape another tank.

I kind of like the little bit on the right, perhaps it would look better a little further back with some taller plants behind in the back right corner?... But I'm no expert.

I had a DIY yeast CO2 system a while back, I didn't like it that much, because it was single 'canister' and changing the mix every week made the CO2 too vaired throughout the week. How have you set yours up?

What do you mean how have i gone about it?

Sorry mate, i should have been a little more specific. How many 2 litre bottles are you using, and what method of diffusion are you using?

It is set up for 2 2 litres and the 1 litre water bottle. 1 is running now, the other will be started saturday evening. Diffusion for the time being is being done through the venturi on my internal, but going to buy a little glass one I reckon from ebay. Is all that right?

I'd leave the second bit of wood on the right - give it chance with plants around it. I like it :nod:

I agree with Caz on that one.

heres a wicked plant that would work a treat around that wood.

http://www.freshwatershrimp.co.uk/product.php?id_product=115

Yep, i'd be running 2-3 two litre bottle on a tank this size. Remember you might need to up your dosing of N and P as well.

I dunno. Are you wanting it to be the same as the other side or completely different?

It might look odd it being completely different...

Ahh yeah I love that! How good would that look?!

So you would run 3 bottles then? Alternatively?

Caz, do you think I need to plant up around the smaller piece then like I did the other? Maybe with the above plant if I can source it locally?

Also, do I need to spin the bigger piece of wood around so its pointing to the middle? :unsure:

If you have some smaller pebbles to put around the piece on the right and plant around it as well you can make the connection. And as Stu said, try to get a path at 2/3. I like the ammania as proposed by Ian but would also include a plant that you have on the lefthand side as well just to make the connection.

I'm going to need some drawings soon, this is getting all too confusing for me :lol:

Most reactions

Back