tree frog

sushi

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello. I've got a little (1cm) tree frog that I grew from a tadpole. It's not a tropical, just a nz frog that lives in swamp. I have come to a dilemma though cause I'm assuming he/she is too small to eat a housefly - am I right? if so what do i feed it. It's winter here and I'm assuming I can't breed fruit flies outside cause it's not warm enough to rot fruit etc. am I right about that? please help. It's been about a week and I think my froggie's probably hungry by now :sad:

Try going to your local petstore and seeing if they will sell you pinhead crickets. Should be able to eat those.

I don't think we have crickets in nz. Are the ones you're talking about alive or dead or what? Am I right thinking it won't eat house flies - that they're too big???

I would imagine that most pet stores that sell frogs or lizards would have crickets, as they are a staple for that type of animal.

At 1 cm (and bear in mind I'm American, so I'm judging this at about half an inch), the frog probably cannot consume something so large as a housefly. Maybe a small one, like a gnat (also known as the little critters that hang out around live plants).

However, you can try feeding the frog a housefly and see if it can consume the bug.

Most reactions

Back