traded him in

jacob

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I traded the tire-track "anaconda" eel in for a peacock eel. The peacock is about 6" long. I have been getting blood worms to him with a turkey baster, but it doesn't seem like he eats much of it. Maybe it just has to sit there a while for him to sense it, but he has about 30 seconds while the other fish are occupied with their food, and he only gets a couple gulps down before the other fish notice. Does he get enough food, as in at night does he look around and scavenge the leftovers? Also, do I need to have a more varied diet with him? For the size he is, all he will eat that I have available I think are blood worms.

try him on small earthworms.i'm sure he will love them.i had a fire eel and all he ate was earthworms. :nod: :nod:

Live blackworms are also an option, it's all my peacocks will eat. I usually buy a few dollars worth once a fortnight and dump them into the tank. I have sand as the substrate and the worms live in there until the eels hunt them.

Try feeding at night with the lights out or try the above method if you are concerned about his food intake. An added bonus of the blackworms being in the substrate is that you will get to watch the eels poke around sniffing for the worms before diving headfirst into the sand after them, their sense of smell is quite good. It will work with gravel as well but the eels really should have sand to burrow into as they are easily damaged on the sharp edges of gravel.

Most reactions

Back