Totally black eyed guppies

crazy12234

Reaction score
Hi

My two female guppies have totally blacked eyes. A few days ago, only one of them had totally black eyes. Is this due to stress as there are going to give birth any time now. Or could it be a disease or something? Should i be worried? Please help me! I'm quite paranoid cos i don't want them to die!

hiya crazy

is there anything new or different in the tank that could be worrying them? ....and have you tested the water to see if there's a build up of anything or a pH change.

If they are due to drop babies and they are being chased by males in the tank that could be a cause of stress for them -

I've had it with a couple of my females - one when I put a new ornament in the tank and this one fish seemed :blink: - anyway I took it out in the end and put it in another tank, it happened to another when I first got her - took about a month for that to stop happening every time I went near the tank or put my hands in the water

tell us a bit more about the tank and what's in there - fish, water conditions etc and we'll see what other ideas we can come up with

sue

Most reactions

Back