Top Dwellers

yabadaba

Fish Crazy
Joined
Apr 21, 2009
Messages
274
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
South East London
I'm pretty new to the hobby so am not as familiar as I'd like to be yet with the different fish species. But, what I do know is that other than my 2 male guppies (who go everywhere) there is nothing going on in the top half of my tank! It's a 60 litre planted tank and the other inhabitants - 4 ottos, 1 red tailed-shark and 2 clown loaches - spend almost all their time on, or towards, the bottom.

Can anyone suggest a species that that likes to hang out in the middle-upper regions? Ideally this would be a small(ish) fish that doesn't really need to be part of a large group. I don't want to overstock, so until I move the 2 clown loaches (and possibly the shark) into a bigger tank that I'll be getting in the summer I'd prefer to only add maybe just a couple of small fish.
 
yeah the clowns and shark will need to go.

i would recomment hatchet fish as top dwellers
 
yeah the clowns and shark will need to go.

i would recomment hatchet fish as top dwellers
Yes, I learned that about the loaches and shark pretty soon after the guy in my lfs had sold them to me, telling me they'd be fine in my 60l tank! Fortunately, this hobby has got a real grasp on me and I'd already decided to out the piano that nobody has played in the last 5 years and replace it with a big tank. At the moment though all 3 are thankfully pretty small and seem quite happy.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top