Top 30 Most Colorful Freshwater Fish

Added a few more types of Cichlids. What about peacock cichlids? anymore africans? Flowehorns?

Think we could up it to a list of 50?

ohh yeah flower horns are ridiculously colourful when good quality, although I find the huge humps repulsive.
I think we should get it up to 50 and revise it to say 20-30?

ohh yeah flower horns are ridiculously colourful when good quality, although I find the huge humps repulsive.
I think we should get it up to 50 and revise it to say 20-30?

Yes we could do that. Keep in mind ugly or not, we are making a list for color ;)

OB peacock cichlids? Whats the OB stand for?

are glofish allowed? they are genetically engineered, but still colourful.

carassius auratus
cyprinus carpio

epalzeorhynchos bicolor
epalzeorhynchos frenatum
chromobotia macracanthus
xiphophorus maculatus

I guess this is all your opinion though, as I do not think discus would be at the top of the list if i had written it.

OB cichlids mean orange blotch, basically its referring to any species with random spots.

Honestly I could list 50 species of mbuna alone that are colorful, however, I would caution adding any of them to a list in the beginner section as they are a bit more specialized, same could be said for discus and some others listed.

Why not do a list of the most colorful beginner-friendly fish. :good:

I think discus whould be in this, but not number one. What about Mbuna? Mbuna are super colorful!

Purple Emperor Tetra, Blue Acara, Lifallilis, Flash Pleco, Zebra Pleco, Green Phantom Pleco, Blue Phantom Pleco, King Tiger Pleco, i could go on for ages.

cockatoo cichlids
paradise fish
dwarf gouramis
male guppies
opaline gouramis
chocolate gouramis
green phantom/ blue pahntom plec ( youve got to have one )

parrot fish ( not dyed of course )

lol glass cats!

There is no particular order to them as of yet. I will add onto the list later tonight, got to do a water change right now as my tank is disgusting from no water changes for two weeks.

What about Mbuna? Mbuna are super colorful!

Want to list some species of Mbuna?

Most reactions

trending

Back