🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Juggernaut22988

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My tank has nine platies already
I am now adding six tiger barbs
Will my ten gallon be able to support all the fish??

by the way, what is the maximum amount of fish (platies and barbs) per ten gallon

Juggernaut22988 said:
My tank has nine platies already
I am now adding six tiger barbs
Will my ten gallon be able to support all the fish??

by the way, what is the maximum amount of fish (platies and barbs) per ten gallon
how long have you been keeping fish?

Juggernaut22988 said:
I've had goldfish for a year and tropicals for 6months
okay, I was just wondering if you followed the "1 inch rule". Have you heard of it?

I do not think that there is any way you could fit those barbs in there. :no: They are aggressive, not to mention they get rather large. Nine platies is even quite a bit for a 10 gallon, depending on your filtration and water changing schedule. -_-

If you really want tiger barbs, note that a small group needs a tank that's at least 40 gallons, preferably more. They can grow to 3 inches and are fast swimmers, so the bigger the better.

I agree you are full already with the platy's.

My plan is to keep the barbs with my platies for a while (I am saving for a big tank).
Once I get my 35 gallon, I will put all my tropicals in there.
The barbs I am getting are babies ( about half an inch)

How fast do tiger barbs grow??
I get my tank this summer...

Most fish grow rapidly when small and get progressively slower and slower. If they are only half an inch now, they will be growing quickly, if the cramped conditions you are introducing them into doesn't stunt them. Your tank is full now.

Most reactions

Back