Tons of FREE Tangyanikans... Tropheus and Cylindricus

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jrh1230

Reaction score
I have a 45 gallon setup that is overstocked with Tropheus (mostly Dubosii) as well as several Cylindricus. At least one breeding pair in the Tropheus lot.

Divorcing and moving... I NEED to find a GOOD HOME for these fish PLEASE!

I'm just outside of Charlotte NC in Mint Hill.

I have a 45 gallon setup that is overstocked with Tropheus (mostly Dubosii) as well as several Cylindricus. At least one breeding pair in the Tropheus lot.

Divorcing and moving... I NEED to find a GOOD HOME for these fish PLEASE!

I'm just outside of Charlotte NC in Mint Hill.
I definitely dont know if I will be able to get it or not (idk if my parents would approve of taking a 3-4 hour drive lol) but in case some miracle happens I do want to ask something...

How many of the fish are there? (if uncountable I would just like an approximate)

What filter does the aquarium come with and is there a heater as well?

Is there any decor included? If none I understand... Cause its free I mean... Anything thats free is cool lol.

Also, I am sorry that you're unable to keep your beautiful fish. If no one is able to take them, I would recommend giving them to your lfs or lps... But if no one on here or the lps/lfs wants it you could also sell it on let go or something... It sells to people in your area (there is an option to ship but most of the time you will see people saying that you have to pick the item up)
I dont do facebook but ive heard of something called the facebook market place where you sell to people in your area (kinda like let go)

I definitely dont know if I will be able to get it or not (idk if my parents would approve of taking a 3-4 hour drive lol) but in case some miracle happens I do want to ask something...

How many of the fish are there? (if uncountable I would just like an approximate)

What filter does the aquarium come with and is there a heater as well?

Is there any decor included? If none I understand... Cause its free I mean... Anything thats free is cool lol.

Also, I am sorry that you're unable to keep your beautiful fish. If no one is able to take them, I would recommend giving them to your lfs or lps... But if no one on here or the lps/lfs wants it you could also sell it on let go or something... It sells to people in your area (there is an option to ship but most of the time you will see people saying that you have to pick the item up)
I dont do facebook but ive heard of something called the facebook market place where you sell to people in your area (kinda like let go)
Thanks Rocky998,

I don't know how many I have but I would guess between 20 and 30 counting the juveniles. The tank is decorated with all natural rock and sand. I have an old Ebo Jager heater that is still functioning. I would like to find a good home for them but I will do what I have to do to make sure the fish are taken care of, even if I have to move them myself.

Thanks Rocky998,

I don't know how many I have but I would guess between 20 and 30 counting the juveniles. The tank is decorated with all natural rock and sand. I have an old Ebo Jager heater that is still functioning. I would like to find a good home for them but I will do what I have to do to make sure the fish are taken care of, even if I have to move them myself.
Ok after some research I found that adult white spot cichlids need a minimum of 75 gallons while one adult cylinder cichlid needs 40 gallons... So IF I was able to I could only take one but I wouldnt want to take the tank and supplies with just one cylinder cichlid and leave the others behind... So I just don't think I'm able to care for them as the max tank size my mom is allowing is a 36 inch in length aquarium... So in the long run I wouldnt be able to house them... But good luck on giving them good homes and I wish you the best!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back