FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hold on, let me specify this a bit...

5 month old True Percula clown
2 year old (I think) Tomato clown
75 US gallon tank

May get a male for the perc.

Is this fine.

A 75 gallon is not very big at all, and both clowns will be females to make matters worse

In a tank that big it should work......

i agree .... 75 isent extremly big tank, but it might be big enough for this mix.(if i was in that situation id try it) worst case senario take one out.

FLcracker94 isent trying to pair them up, just tring to see if they will saftly co exist.

i have 2 ocellaris and a percula together now in a 30 gallon for over a year. and i have a small maroon in a separate tank because i fear the small maroon will kill the other ocellaris. maroons are THE most aggresive clowns. there are a different genus than all other clowns.

its not as unlikely as you might think, im not suggesting it, but it would be more compatible than the tomato
i dont agree @ all
not that one doesnot exist ,......ive never heard of a hybird maroon .

if some one GAVE me a tomato id try it even in my 30 before id give to a lfs just to see if it would work in a 30? not likely but possible.

Hold on, let me specify this a bit...

5 month old True Percula clown
2 year old (I think) Tomato clown
75 US gallon tank

May get a male for the perc.

Is this fine.
Its your choice but I think there is a good chance that the Tomato will kill the Percula

Not worth the risk IMO

Well, I'll try it...I'll watch them VERY closley and if I see one of em picking on the other, I'll take the tomato to the store. The good part about it is that, they might let me trade the tomato for a male perc. :hyper: lol
I'll keep you posted on whether they get along or not...that wont be for a couple weeks, and I MIGHT, not totaly sure, but MIGHT get a 90US ga.

I could also just set up my 12ga in my grandma's house and give it to her too lol. I'm sure she would be happy with it, even though it doesn't exactly look like the clown from "Finding Nemo", lol

percs would be fine in a 12, maybe ocellaris but they get bigger generally

I only have one perc in the 12, and I'm putting all my fish in a 75-95ga, not sure yet. If they dont get along, I can find a way to trap the tomato, he cant be that small lol...Besides, I might take it anyway for a male perc for my lady Nemo, Hubba hubba! :hyper: :drool: lol

My perc is only an inch long right now, not a problem in my 12ga. I would put a pic in but, I don't know how...theres no browse thing at the bottom of the screen.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back