Today's a new day.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Tomorrow is another day. Fed the tetras for the second time tonight (first time was in afternoon, got up at 11am) and currently thinking what to do next for my 41L tank. I could aquascape the tank, remove the fake plants and put the hardscape and plants in. My tank is currently sad looking with the fake plants and again, I have to follow the rules in order to do it.

I only feed my fish once a day and I don't feed them at all on a Sunday. Fish need a lot less food than you'd think. Most of mammals' food goes to keeping us warm. Fish get their temperature from the water not from processing food.

I only feed my fish once a day and I don't feed them at all on a Sunday. Fish need a lot less food than you'd think. Most of mammals' food goes to keeping us warm. Fish get their temperature from the water not from processing food.
My routine is: Feed them twice a day every day. I understand your routine though.

Tomorrow is another day. Fed the tetras for the second time tonight (first time was in afternoon, got up at 11am) and currently thinking what to do next for my 41L tank. I could aquascape the tank, remove the fake plants and put the hardscape and plants in. My tank is currently sad looking with the fake plants and again, I have to follow the rules in order to do it.
Could you make a compromise with your current tank? Maybe just floating plants along with the fake plants for the time being until you can rescape the whole aquarium? The tetras would appreciate the floating plants, also they would act as another form of filtration for your aquarium

Could you make a compromise with your current tank? Maybe just floating plants along with the fake plants for the time being until you can rescape the whole aquarium? The tetras would appreciate the floating plants, also they would act as another form of filtration for your aquarium
Yeah, I can do that, but floating plants can overtake the tank.

Yeah, I can do that, but floating plants can overtake the tank.
That also has a very easy solution. If the plants grow too much, reach in, remove some and compost the cuttings. I happened to look at a clock yesterday when I cleared the surface of guppy grass in one of my tanks. Four minutes, start to finish.

Fish tanks are stress if you let them go, or if you depend on others to do the work. They're supposed to be relaxing sources of stress relief!

You do a little bit of work, put plants in to make the fish happier, and watch your feeding.

Is the reason your Dad has to completely clean the tank because you feed twice a day, and food is uneaten? It's something to think about while you're changing water.
You want your own space and large tanks for projects, but if you don't solve the problem of caring for a tiny tank, it can't happen. You have to learn to take car of your things yourself.

Cleaning algae off the tank glass, trimming plants and water changes every week are part of the fishkeeping hobby. It's something you MUST do. It's the same as grooming training and exercising a dog, you MUST do it.

If you are not prepared to maintain your tank, then maybe you shouldn't have one. Autism is not an excuse for not being able to do it I'm afraid

Most reactions

Back