Today's a new day.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I used to love ANZAC biscuits but they had wheat and gluten in so I don't touch them anymore. I was eating the Coles gluten free ANZAC bickies for a few years but they jacked the price up on them around Covid19 and they are too sweet now (way too much sugar in them).

Officially, ANZAC Day was and still is about WW1 but most people accept that it now covers anyone who served in wars and this is confirmed by the age of the veterans attending the memorials. They are anywhere from 100+ years old down to 20 years old and cover all the wars Australia has ever been involved in.
I make a mean gluten free Anzac biscuit ;)

It's Friday. The tetras are doing okay at the moment. I'm a fan of fishkeeping books, especially old ones, can't believe I borrowed the coral reef book from 1989 for more than a month from my high school. As I learn more on the cycle process, and some other stuff for a nano saltwater tank, it takes time to be ready for it.

and the hunt begins :)
Serves: 20-24 biscuits

• 245g/8.ozs. oat flour
  • 90g/3ozs. rolled oats (from gluten free oat processing plant)
  • 50g/1.7ozs. desiccated coconut
  • 170g/6ozs. brown sugar
  • 75g/2.6ozs. caster or superfine sugar
  • 135g/4.7ozs. butter, salted
  • 60ml hot water
  • 2 tablespoons golden syrup
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2/3 teaspoon fine salt
Mix the oat flour, rolled oats, coconut, brown sugar and white sugar in a large bowl making sure to crush any lumps in the brown sugar and mix well.

Heat the butter in a heavy bottomed saucepan on medium high heat and leave to brown. Meanwhile mix the hot water, golden syrup, vanilla extract, baking soda and salt together in a bowl. When the butter is bubbling and starts to turn a bit brown in parts of the froth add this golden sugar syrup to the flour mixture and mix well. Place in the fridge for 1 hour and allow to set firm.

Preheat oven to 160C/320F. Roll cookie dough into small walnut-sized balls. Place 6 balls per tray and bake for 10-20 minutes. Cool on the tray for 5 minutes and then carefully move to cooking rack (they’re quite delicate when first baked)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back