to those who have cory cats

skiltrip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
to anyone who has cory cats in there tank, do you ever see them pick at algae? even a little bit... on gravel, on glass, on plant leaves? just curious. i know they are primarily leftover food eaters, but so is my cuckoo cat, and he likes algae too. just wondered about corys.

- kip

My only cory does not eat algae....if that helps. Neither do any of the 3 of the cuckoo cats I have. Maybe they are too gurly to eat algae, who knows!

We have 4 albino cory cats, and I just noticed them eating a green/brown algae that has started growing in the tank. They all seem to really like it, so now when I clean the tank I leave some for them to eat. They get the sinking algae wafers as their main food, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it? Hope that helps!

have never noticed any of my albino cories eating algae, not interested in cucumber or zuchini either - however they love spirulena tablets (as well as their bloodworms,shrimp pellets,daphnia) - :unsure: however maybe they don't eat it coz they are o/fed :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back