Tl 550 Cuc

Keiron1986

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
could anyone help advise on a clean up crew for a tl 550 128 litre nano? Like how many diffrent things and how many of them. 15 LR and live sand base. Thanks keiron

My first peice of advice would be to avoid Hermits as they are not as much cleaners as they are opportunists that will kill your snails for thier shells, pick at corals and distroy benifical algae.That being said we keep 8 very small blue leggs but trade them out as they get bigger.Secondly I would get about a dozen nassarius snails for the sand bed as they are the best cleaners money can buy. Get about the same amount of nerite snails that will stay small and clean the crevaces. You'll also want a few cerith snails 5 or 6 because they do double duty in the sand and on the glass, and 2 med sized turbo snails that will keep the sedament build up to a minimum and prevent hair algae problems. Avoid serpet stars as you may find them catching and eating your fish or like in my first reef tank come home to find it devouring your favorite feather duster! Some shrimp are good but do your research as some are also snail killers and snails are the most important part of the clean up crew. We have peppermints for the dual purpose of cleaning and killing pest anemonies. Emerald crabs do a good job on bubble algae but will also wreck your good macro so add with caution and if your going to add one get a pair they'll do better. I got all my clean up crew on Ebay from
Member id saltwater-sea-creatures-direct. They will send you great specimens at 1/3 the price of the big box stores and your LFS, and most come with free shipping! I hope this helps and happy reefing to ya!

Thanks a lot mate i will have a look at that on ebay. and thanks for the advice i have a better idea now.

Most reactions

Back