Tips for cycling

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Katielady0501

Reaction score
So I just started a 75 gallon tank on December 20th, 2020 and I put all my old fish into it on December 26th. And I’ve lost none, I tested the water and it’s amazing. My cichlid is doing amazing so I want to give some tips to help you cycle fast! I had a 29 gallon tank already started and cycled so I robbed it by taking some gravel, a coral cave structure that has algae on it, a clam bubbler with some algae on it and some weeds. I also used a chemical called “stability” which is shown in the picture below and it helped my tank cycle. I also used aquarium salt and a dechlorinator for my tank.
My advice is all listed and hopefully this helps! ?

Attachments

• A8E1E031-F0CC-400B-8ACD-03BF0873636F.jpeg
    A8E1E031-F0CC-400B-8ACD-03BF0873636F.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 55
does your established tank have a hang on back filter? If so take the filter cartridge out and put in the new not cycled tank. This should help dramatically.

sounds like you did everything right! it was wonderful that you had substrate, decorations, and fast growing plants available to add to the new tank, and the stability is probably a great product to add beneficial bacteria to the tank as well. Nicely done!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back