Tiger Barb Tankmates?

Le Sorcier

Fish Crazy
Joined
Oct 8, 2007
Messages
351
Reaction score
0
Points
0
If I had a shoal of 8/10 Tiger Barbs in a 180l tank, would these be suitable?

8/10 Corys
4 Polka Dot Loach
1 Red Tailed Black Shark
3 Cockatoo Cichlid
1 Plec
10/12 Rumynose Tetra or Harlequin Rasbora?

Thanks
 
I would drop the rummy or harlequin purely as I think it would be overstocked with them, otherwise you should be ok, watch the shark as it grows as they can become very aggressive with age.
 
like minx said, drop the rummy and go for tiger barbs ;)
 
Thanks guys.

So these would be ok?

8/10 Corys
4 Polka Dot Loach
1 Red Tailed Black Shark
3 Cockatoo Cichlid
1 Plec

Any more suggestions for a couple more fish?
My other half wants Angels but they are no gos with the Tiger Barbs.
 
That list is fine, as I said, just watch out for the RTBS especially with the cories and apistos when it get bigger. I wouldnt add anything else as I think that will be fully stocked, the TB's can reach 3/4" and are very active fish, so will need all the space.
 
Ok thanks

I think that looks a decent set up for me.

Are there any fish that keep to the top of the tank that may be worth thinking about?
 
ok thanks.

Do you think its a bit bottom heavy?

So far it would be....

8/10 Tiger Barbs
8/10 Corys
4 Polka Dot Loach
1 Red Tailed Black Shark
3 Cockatoo Cichlid
1 Plec

Could maybe drop to 6 Cory and 8 Tiger Barbs?
 
if you look at the stocking i have in my sig the only problem i have with my fish is that the red tail now that its a little bigger chases the tiger barbs alot. but all the other fish are not bothered by the shark n the shark doesnt seem to take notice of them
 

Most reactions

Back
Top