tiger barb question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TK Tiger

Reaction score
hey i have some tiger barbs in a tank together and everything seems great. sometimes the fish seem to face head own and sort of bob up and down quiet close to the bottom of the tank? i am not sure why?

Also there are 3 fish in the tank at the moment and only 2 chase each other around at any one time then the other comes out from hiding and a different fish hides and the other 2 will chase each other around, are they juist playing or is something going on ? anybody with experiance with barbs please let me know

SOunds like they are goofing off. If only one fish was in hiding all the time then i would say it was a dominance thing and the fish that was hiding was the weaker of the three. Tigers will create a pecking order in the tank and because of this they usually like to be in groups of 6 or more so that one fish doesnt get singled out all the time. As for the head down bobbing in the water, i am not sure unless they are resting. HTH :)

i have 7 tigers and they all do that. just seem to kind of float there for a few seconds and then they are off playing their chasing games again

my tiger barb do the same thing too....i think they are just goofing around...heres my question can u breed a green barb and a tiger barb????coz mines are inl0ve i mean one of my dominant green barb is chasing my tiger barb and he act like he wanna screw my tiger barb :rolleyes:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back