Tiger Barb Behavior

DjLeethul

New Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2008
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a 29 gallon tank with 6 tiger barbs and 4 serpae tetras. The tetras are doing great and seem to be pretty calm when swimming around the tank. I've noticed that the tiger barbs tend to hide in the cave when the lights are on in the aquarium (standard fluorescent tube). I've even took measures to dim the light if it was too bright for the fish (strips of tinfoil to block 60% of the light). However, it still seems that they find the light unpleasant. When the aquarium light is off, I've noticed that the color of their fins (orange tips) are much darker and they seem to be more calm and swim confidently around the aquarium.

Is this normal?
 
How long have they been in the tank?

Also barbs with odd behaviour are a good indicator of water quality problems, have you checked your water?
 
I keep tiger barbs, and they're certainly not afraid of the light. Or anything else for that matter!

I'd second checking your water stats
 

Most reactions

Back
Top