Throwing this out there if you're struggling

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

RowdyBub50

Reaction score
I usually don't do this (promote a company) but I was struggling with getting cycle going and found this:

It took 9-10 days to get to me, wasn't crazy about the customer service (blamed me for ordering it over holiday) but 36ish hrs later ammonia gone (fishless with Dr Tims ammonia), skipped the nitrite and went right to 10ppm nitrate. I squeezed the sponge out into the tank to seed my other sponge and canister, dumped the water in and then used the sponge itself.

Option if your struggling and don't have a friend/trusted source.

Edit, I did also use Seachem Prime and stability 3 days in a row before it arrived so could have been a combo of all 3 and this was after a month of struggling. Your results may vary :).

Last edited:
Sorry, I have a question.
Did you do the ammonia test while using the Seachem Prime?

If I'm not wrong, the Seachem Prime will bind the ammonia for about 48 hrs (or remove it temporarily), after which it will release the ammonia back to the water.

Sorry, I have a question.
Did you do the ammonia test while using the Seachem Prime?

If I'm not wrong, the Seachem Prime will bind the ammonia for about 48 hrs (or remove it temporarily), after which it will release the ammonia back to the water.
The ammonia would still show in test.

Thanks for the info, I usually do a planted cycle but I am looking at setting up a breeding tank for my tetra and this may work with that. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back