hi just searching the web and found this cracking little coursefish, it looks like a tropical fish to me but it does live in cold, water its called pumpkinseed fish
hi just searching the web and found this cracking little coursefish, it looks like a tropical fish to me but it does live in cold, water its called pumpkinseed fish
wow, that brings back memories!! I remember fishing for panfish, usually just catching bluegills and perch. Occasionally though, I would catch a Pumpkinseed and I always thought they were the coolest looking fish.
There is a whole flock of those "pumpkinseed" or "sun bass" fish, all are attractive, and easy to keep in an unheated tank, but they are nasty little sods, aggresive as hell.
yeah they dont gow very big, the heaviest recorded is like some weird measurement like 18 drams or something, ive caught one before and it swallowed the bloomin hook