This poor Oscar I saw in a customer house .

That is very sad indeed. Amazingly, it looks relatively okay (no obvious HITH, etc). Perhaps it has not been in those quarters for long. Still, very sad.

I have so much respect for people who exercise such self control by not going ape at people who do stuff like this...I would have lost my job today
Yea it was really hard not to say something . I was there to replace their kitchen flooring and saw this on their kitchen table . It is usually covered in purses and grocery bags. I tried bringing it up, and the wife said it was her husbands fish and that it is doing great ! After talking with her a little bit I mentioned that the tank may be a little too small and she said he moved him into that tank about a month ago, and just said I know ….. I said if you ever wanna get rid of it give me a call lol. But they are a long time customer so I couldn’t really say much, I am not the boss

Permanent tank
Oh yes, then it's a sad situation.
Not that it's not a sad situation when it's just a QT. But I can imagine if you don't own a bigger QT that this could be a solution for a short time.

Yea it was really hard not to say something . I was there to replace their kitchen flooring and saw this on their kitchen table . It is usually covered in purses and grocery bags. I tried bringing it up, and the wife said it was her husbands fish and that it is doing great ! After talking with her a little bit I mentioned that the tank may be a little too small and she said he moved him into that tank about a month ago, and just said I know ….. I said if you ever wanna get rid of it give me a call lol. But they are a long time customer so I couldn’t really say much, I am not the boss

You did what you could. Getting angry and too confrontational in a situation like this doesn't work, they'd only get defensive, plus you'd lose your job or get in trouble over it anyway. Really sad to see, but sadly, there are a lot of bad aquariums out there and we can't save them. You've planted the seed and offered what help you can. Can only hope that she thinks it over and talks to her husband about the tank being too small. Must be so frustrating for you though, having to bite your tongue.

With a dog or cat such restrictive treatment could be reported but doing so about a fish would, sadly, just be laughed off. It is a sad situation but it is just true that animal control in towns just do not see fish as they do mammals. Personally I think fish keeping as no different than having mammals such as dogs/cats.

I remember when I lived in Ft. Worth Texas I knew a person that had a 25-30 gallon tank with like a dozen fish in the area of 6 inches and larger. I reported it to a supposed animal activate group and their response was literally like 'so what, they are just fish.'. Such attitude in relation to fish is just wrong in many aspects. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back