Thinking Of Another 10 Gallon

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
So I have an extra 10 gallon sitting around and cant decide if i should set it up or not. All I need is sand and a new filter and I can start cycling. Thing is I dont know what I would keep inside. I am thinking of moving the Platy and 1-2 Molly from the 10 and add some Cory? Perhaps a female betta tank? I may be moving in 2-3 months so I also am looking into making a simple setup that doesn't need alot of money and would be easy to move.

Suggestions?
 
Me too; I'm looking for a similar set up/tank size so any responses you get will be useful to me too.

My options are a tank of male guppies - I want something as far away from looking like a goldfish as possible (plus I love their colours) or getting a bigger tank and getting axolotl's.
 
Hmm, if the tank was heavily filtered and planted you could get like 6 fem. bettas in there, it's be a tad over stocked and you couldn't have anything else in there, but it's definitly been done before :D I personally would go for dividing the tank and having 2 betta boys. Or maybe 5-6 pretty boy guppies :D

-Rezz
 
i would personaly get some guppies

good luck!
 
If you go for an all male Guppy tank make sure it is heavily planted & you have 6 or more, you may get some fin nipping, just watch out that 1 isnt being bullied more than the rest!!! All males would look lovely, they have some great tail colours out there!!
 
So I have an extra 10 gallon sitting around and cant decide if i should set it up or not. All I need is sand and a new filter and I can start cycling. Thing is I dont know what I would keep inside. I am thinking of moving the Platy and 1-2 Molly from the 10 and add some Cory? Perhaps a female betta tank? I may be moving in 2-3 months so I also am looking into making a simple setup that doesn't need alot of money and would be easy to move.

Suggestions?
I agree that a tank of guppies would be fun. And, yes, they do nip tails so be sure to get four or so. Right now I have two and they fight all the time. I tried adding another and it was just as bad. Between them, my cats, and my kids, all I want to do is climb into bed and hide under the covers! Maybe I should put my two male bettas together to create a grand finale!

That aside, since you already have two tanks going, I'd wait until after you move to stick any fish in. Cycling it now may be okay, but won't you still have to empty most of it when moving? I'm not sure on that. . .I got all my tanks after moving to my current home.
 
It'll take 2-3 months to cycle, so I'd aim to fill it once you've moved :)
 
Much quicker if he can use media from another tank, or even just run the filter in another tank for a little while...

-Rezz
 

Most reactions

Back
Top