shaz-killie
Fish Crazy
- Joined
- Jan 12, 2009
- Messages
- 322
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
well in the next few months i'm looking at getting a 5ft tank obviously my current equipment won't be enough so will involve a new filter. so comes the issue of cycling, I wont have space for my current tank and new tank to be running along side each other so change over has to happen the same day as the tank purchase.
now options I currently have in my head is buy a bigger filter and run it in my 3ft tank along with the current filteration.
or
set the new tank up with a few cycled filters as my one external won't handle the capacity and have the new one installed then and let it cycle in it's own time in the new tank.
main problem is this is going to be a tank fully setup in a day, obviously I'll be using as much matured water as possible (i have 9 tanks running so that should at least give my 50% or more matured water)
now options I currently have in my head is buy a bigger filter and run it in my 3ft tank along with the current filteration.
or
set the new tank up with a few cycled filters as my one external won't handle the capacity and have the new one installed then and let it cycle in it's own time in the new tank.
main problem is this is going to be a tank fully setup in a day, obviously I'll be using as much matured water as possible (i have 9 tanks running so that should at least give my 50% or more matured water)







