Thinking about a crayfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Yes, but their advice is usually about the same SPECIES of fish or at least a close relative. Your crayfish, as far as I can tell isn't listed and you may not be keeping it properly either. Giving out generic information can be be just as dangerous as lying. What's good for a goldfish might kill a cichlid for example.

I'd very much like to know the species of crayfish that don't need air. If a crayfish doesn't have a filter, aeration, or a way to get their head out of the water, they will die. If I'm wrong, please give me some species names.

Hey Snailguy - I found these instructions for how to trap your own crayfish.
:kana:

And this page in their forum is an excellent, easy to follow resource that both you and William would find helpful.

Apparently, if you want to have more than one crayfish, you could try a dwarf variety called C. shufeldti, which only grow to a couple of inches.

Good luck!
;)
Ami

Congrats snail guy, you'll really enjoy it. Do you know what kind it is? A picture would be cool to see.

crayfish01.jpg

Ok he didn't realyl want to cooperate but I got him but he didnt like it much hes now hiding in his "spot" again waiting for more food :p

Most reactions

Back