Thinking about a crayfish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I've never seen them at the supermarket either, but I do know people eat them, I never could. As for rivers in MN, I'm not that familiar with the state, wife's family is from there, only been in select parts. Most any creek or river would have crayfish, most lakes too, you just have to look along the shorelines. I do know I've seen bait crayfish at Wal-Mart 12 for 3 bucks, but the ones I've seen never seem to be alive. Look in the hunting and fishing dept.

hi snail guy, i know you hate me but i'll help u out buddy, crayfish eats fish, they are nocturnal so dotn bother them in the day, they will just lay there, they need some place to hide, like behind a rock, they will last 2 minutes out of the water, they will climb out of the tank through the air tube, the crayfish with one bigger claw is the boy and crayfish with 2 small claws are girls and if u keep 1 boy one girl they will no fight, but 2 guys will fight ,2 girls will not fight, if u have multiple crayfish make sure they cant climb on each other and be exposed to the water, when they grab u with there claw it WILL HURT LIKE CRAZY ! do not struggle or they grip harder, simply put them on a solid surface and stay still and they are almost invincible its hard for them to die, so u only need to clean there tank once a month, YOU DO '' NOT '' need a filter or AIRPUMPS and they dont need much room because they dont move much, they cost 2 dollars, always buy a big crayfish because they do not die as easily as the small ones, make sure the water level is not too full because if it is, more space for feederfish= harder to catch, sometimes in the morning u might wake up with just a fishhead floating in the water, take it out of the water,

i kept 2 crayfish in a 1 gallon tank with 5 inches of water with 2 rocks in it for hiding and i kept it in no heater no air pump no filter, at first when i just baught it i was lazy and didnt cleanit for 4 months and they still alive, i had it for over 2 years

william718 said:
i made a new name cause i was on probabtion and could not post stuff
Probably was not wise to bypass it then if the mods put you on probation.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back