What's new

They cancelled it..

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

Salty&Onion

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Week ago, my mom has ordered 15kg of Argos play sand to my tank. She was meant to get it yesterday from Sainsbury's, but forgot. It was just one day and they actually cancelled the order and will return the £5 to her account :mad:
Now my tank is still empty and now I have to wait to next Thursday to get it.

-------------–——–-----------

Is play sand easier to vacuum? Will it get sucked up?

I find sand easy to clean. Unlike gravel, you don't push the siphon into sand, you hold it about 1 cm above the sand and make little swirling movements. This swirls the debris off the sand to where it is sucked up. If you use a bucket when doing a water change, just wash any sand that ends up in there and put it back in the tank.

That's the trouble with click & collect - they say it must be collected within a certain number of days.

Edited for terrible spelling

Well that's unfortunate, hopefully the next time they'll show a little leniency if you're a little late, or that they give you a wider window for collection.

As for sand, I believe it's a little bit trickier, because you have to pay more attention, you can't just pick some gravel up and let it go, I believe you have to be mindful. From what I've seen, you have the vacuum above the sand, not close enough that it suck up all the sand, but obviously not high enough that it isn't picking anything up and use swirling motions. (I'm only going off observations)

Well that's unfortunate, hopefully the next time they'll show a little leniency if you're a little late, or that they give you a wider window for collection.
I doubt that honestly, but next time my mom will get it delivered straight to the house.

As for sand, I believe it's a little bit trickier, because you have to pay more attention, you can't just pick some gravel up and let it go, I believe you have to be mindful. From what I've seen, you have the vacuum above the sand, not close enough that it suck up all the sand, but obviously not high enough that it isn't picking anything up and use swirling motions. (I'm only going off observations)

Sand is much easier than gravel IMO.

I also find it easier to use just the tube part of the siphon, not the big end. (That is made for gravel)

Go with these guys opinion over mine, as I stated I've only seen. Sand looks tricky when watching, these people have first hand experience :)

Go with these guys opinion over mine, as I stated I've only seen. Sand looks tricky when watching, these people have first hand experience :)
It is a bit tricky to get, but once you get it, its as easy as walking. :good:

I doubt that honestly, but next time my mom will get it delivered straight to the house.

I put in a shipping list at Tesco and to my surprise it turned out they cancelled the order because you have to pay for it by a certain time, I was going by what my mum said in that you had until 11pm the previous day to complete the order...

Amazon is pretty good, I have Amazon Prime so a lot of stuff is next day.

Amazon is pretty good, I have Amazon Prime so a lot of stuff is next day.
Do you live in the UK?

My Amazon Prime is a 2-day ship, which isn't bad compared to say eBay. Their fish food is very well priced as well.

In the UK a lot of stuff is next day with Amazon Prime, though it does depend where it's coming from and whether it's Amazon itself or market place sellers. Even if it's Amazon itself if the item is in one of their European warehouses it takes a day longer.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back