Thermometer?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

IainMac85

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
can anyone recommend a decent thermometer for my tank? i was looking at digital ones on a certain auction site but was unsure if they would be suitable or indeed accurate, theres loads of cheap ones from hong kong for pennies but was looking for any recommendations? any preferences to digital or normal thermometers?

cheers guys (and girls) lol

can anyone recommend a decent thermometer for my tank? i was looking at digital ones on a certain auction site but was unsure if they would be suitable or indeed accurate, theres loads of cheap ones from hong kong for pennies but was looking for any recommendations? any preferences to digital or normal thermometers?

cheers guys (and girls) lol
Hi.

I've got three of these thermometers. They are easy to read, accurate and can be discretely placed :good: . I prefer them to the conventional glass thermometer :good:

cheers for the quick reply mate its what i already had and it ended up peeling off so was looking to get a proper thermometer be it a traditional glass type one or a digi one, your imput was appreciated all the same though

I prefer the good old, in tank, standard thermometers.

Cheap, accurate and doesn't often break or run out of batteries.

i had considered using a traditional glass one i was just wondering if the digi ones were any good, now u mention it though re. batteries running out etc the traditional ones make sense, cheers :good:

both of my juwel tanks came with the stick on lcd ones, when i compared it to a traditional glass one i found the stick on one gave a false reading probably due to glass thickness, they were always a few degrees lower than actual tank, so i brought a few more of the Marina Glass Ones, proved very accurate when compared to the readings given by my eheim lcd thermo monitors.

I use the very cheap alcohol thermometers, the ones that show a red line of liquid. They do not go out of calibration and give very consistent temperature readings. All of the digitals that I have tried over the years have either drifted or failed completely. A new alcohol thermometer costs about the same as the battery for a digital and it can last a lifetime.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back