The World's Most Intelligent Fish

Awesome goldfish :good: ! I always knew goldfish were intelligent, and this goldfish proves it, it always really annoys me though when people say stupid stuff like "goldfish only have a 3second memory" or "goldfish are the dumbest fish" etc- people who say stuff like that know nothing about goldfish.
But its not just that, the fact that goldfish are obviously very intelligent and very long lived, large growing, active and sociable fish, meaning that its even more important to provide them with a decent sized tank and an environment/habitat that the goldfish can thrive in; goldfish really do get bored (and lonely too), if your goldfish appears to be doing nothing all the time its probably because there is nothing for it to do in its tank- giving the goldfish things that it can explore and inspect in its tank will boost its activity and interest levels loads :nod: .
(a note to everyone here) Respect goldfish: they have feelings, can feel pain, and can suffer from boredom and loneliness- please look after your goldfish to the best of your abilities, these are fantastic and very friendly fish to keep, they are not some cheap dumb starter fish which doesn't matter if it dies, looking after goldfish properly is a long term thing and can be costly, if you want a goldfish then you should aim to keep it properly and expect it to live for many decades :nod: .
 
I read about this today, well impressive! :) I wonder if I can train my fish..... :P Like I have the patience! I will stick to my plan to get my betta to eat food out of my hand, that is taxing enough for me!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top