The Time Draws Near...

Gankutsuou

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Countdown: 12 days.

Yesh. So The dragon goby whom is stuck with me will be going in either way. Stores will toss him in freshwater, and he's better off with me I suppose than randomly and suddenly changing an enviornment to Bala sharks and nothing to hide around or under :crazy:

The pleco will go to a LFS by the time I get this.

Now then, the question is, what else? The false flying fox is compatible with most any fish.
But what goes in then? Do i turn all my tetra into schools and get a few more?

Do I get angels?

Do I make a betta sorrority and toss in kuhlis and corries?

Do I make a huge shrimp breeding ground on the bottom if i go community and use the 10 to quarinteen?

What should i do -_-

Or what would you do?

(The goby is peaceful. Will eat nothing)

I've considered that, but i think with the overall stocking issues, I wont be able too......

That would make ONLY the goby able to transfer.

No tetra could.
the loach can't.
The tetra can't.
The flying fox can't.

I think I'll let the 10 gallon be for 4x kuhli loach, one shoal of tetra, and my nice beta/shrimp go in.

Then for the 40 I'll probably have the flying fox and Goby in.
Sadly, for these reasons, i probably can;t meet the goby's specific needs....
And it's not like i can really put him anywhere for above stated reasons.

He will maybe or maybe not outgrow the 40. I think i got some south brazillian species that has a little different length max, but unsure.

:sad: Anywho, the best i can do... all stores are fresh and i don;t wanna do a shock envioronment change. Taken, put in store, put back in bag, put back in new tank that probalby isn't brackish too. The :FS all do nonbrackish.

Fun stuffs.

You know its funny how we all bicker over stocking issues and room for the fish and yet truth be told anything other than its natural environment is really not big enough.

IMO an adult dragon goby would do fine in a 40g, not that bigger isnt better but unless you have a plant that grows money you gotta do what you gotta do.

On a side note it seems that you know what ur doing so IMO that always makes stocking less of an issue...

Why would you buy a brackish fish and not plan on keeping it in brackish... I just don't get it.. it's not going to live to it's potential

okay. so I was stuck without the internet for a bit, and was held up by a tournoment of sorts....

Anyways, The reason i bought a brackish fish without planning to keep him in brackish conditions had several reasons behind it.....

A: one website that everyone refered to said they were "peaceful enough to be kept with neon tetra" Had it not been for that one single line, I wouldn't have even considered. But the fact that it said it could be kept with neon tetra, I instantly assumed that it was a good addition to such a tank....

B: I thought tonic salt could raise salinity. Tonic salt specified that it could be safe at 1 TBSP per 5 gallons, and I also thought that'd be enough for the goby. In fact, I bought the tonic salt at the exact same time as the dragon goby. Figures a petsmart sales person wouldn't speak up and stop me....

C: All the LFS, even the really good ones that had them, kept them in fresh water and didn't keep them in brackish. I thought i'd be giving it a better home by being able to do 1 TBSP of salt per 5 gallons. Turns out that salt does nothing for it.....

So yes. I did heavy reasearch, but due to those reasons, I got smacked in the face.....

Anyways, on the dwarf south american and central american Cichlids, could you point out some spacific kinds that might work well together, and not be agressive enough to pick on the goby/tetra? I'm pretty sure german rams don't pose a problem, and then there are minature versions of blue rames that have variant colors and are even smaller. Not sure their exact names, but that LFS gets some pretty rare fish. I'll try to get names in a few days... but they may fit in that section....

And I've heard many things about neons and angles. "Neons will nip at angels fins" "Angels will kill the tetra" And then on the forums i see some people who say their angels peacefully live with 20 neons and have pictures to prove it. Angels at least can be returned.

Most reactions

Back