The plants came and I got/found another tank....!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
The $152 USD plants came! they came in bags, i thought they would come in contaners, but I guess not lol. but it says to soak them in unsented bleach for two min, then soak them in clean - water with de-chlorinating solution for ten, the rinse them and put them in the tank, is that ok?

annnnndddd
I got another tank!
long story short: my younger brother was playing with our neighbors, and my mom made me go with him up there house, and there was a fish tank in the corner building up dirt and grime, and they said I could have it if I wanted it, and I couldn't say no!
its a 10 gallon and i am probly eathier going to get a betta, shrimp, least killifish, or land snails.

The $152 USD plants came! they came in bags, i thought they would come in containers, but I guess not lol. but it says to soak them in unscented bleach for two min, then soak them in clean - water with de-chlorinating solution for ten, the rinse them and put them in the tank, is that ok?
I normally just use straight bleach for 1 minute because some fine leaf plants like Ambulia and Cabomba can struggle with longer times. If you want to do 2 minutes then put one plant in and see how it goes. Or give them a 1 minute bath in bleach, then rinse under tap water, followed by 1 more minute in bleach, then rinse, soak in dechlorinated water and rinse again.

IMG_20210701_112004.jpg

Use the bleach outside and wear safety glasses, rubber gloves and a plastic apron to stop bleach getting on your clothes.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back