The Old Tank Is Out, Now Time For A Betta!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Miller2009

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Right people I've been itching a while to get my old 5 gallon tank out the garage well to today I finally did set it up now time for a little waiting game while it cycles itself!

I've took some ceramic noodles out of my cycled tank and bunged them in my foam filter along side the foam itself. So hopefully shouldn't take too long.

The question is which betta's are your favourite? I haven't a foggiest just love the look of them all to be frank.

Pics would be nice if you got any as ill have to show the wife as this tank is hers to look after

Cheers folks

Paul

Really is a tough question, they're all beautiful. I never really liked crowntails, until I saw Discord.
I still really love the way halfmoons look but havn't gotten to own one yet. Here is my prince~
100_0872.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n255/ninjouzata_2006/55g%20Tank/100_0772.jpg
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n255/ninjouzata_2006/20g%20Long%20Tank/100_0867.jpg

This will give you an idea on tail types (sorry if I'm 'teaching a granny to suck eggs') but I'm still learning the tail types!

454f2d8a91c3ccff898f8e5c2c9ac5c2_zpsd674b0ce.jpg

I personally own a veiltail called Vader:

image-2_zps0d300ca6.jpg

And a plakat called Luther:

4371df9107cb96738aa55f25575cc455_zps9fe9c612.jpg

Good luck and enjoy your betta journey, pics are a must when you get him, alongside tank setup pics :D

Pics pics pics basically XD

Ninj, Prince is a stunner! :)

Thank you Shelster, though his name is Discord :p I see the confusion though! Vader & Luther are quite handsome fellows too!

Miller2009 said:
Right people I've been itching a while to get my old 5 gallon tank out the garage well to today I finally did set it up now time for a little waiting game while it cycles itself!

I've took some ceramic noodles out of my cycled tank and bunged them in my foam filter along side the foam itself. So hopefully shouldn't take too long.

The question is which betta's are your favourite? I haven't a foggiest just love the look of them all to be frank.

Pics would be nice if you got any as ill have to show the wife as this tank is hers to look after

Cheers folks

Paul

Hi Paul, thanks for your question...

I have owned VT, HM, CT and Plakats.  I would say my favourite is the Plakat, they seem a lot stronger and less prone to problems.  I do also like the CT's though, and find these more active than those with the heavier tails, such as VT and HM.  I would avoid a dragon scale as Wildbetta will advise you that the scales can grow over their eyes and I have been finding that with my boy (in my current avatar).

Take a look at Betta Resistance is Futile as there are some stunners people have posted in there.

As stated by Shelster, Pics, Pics, Pics are a must if you are a Betta owner.

Have you seen any local to you that you like?

All of those are beautiful fish, my personal favorites are the crown tails. Here's a pic.of my wife's named Apollo
20130726_181150_zpse12fba8a.jpg

I had a VT that was quite beautiful (but really, all bettas are). I now have a CT and he is way way way more active. Obviously not enough data to make an inference, but I would agree with RCA about the activity levels.

I either like a solid colored veiltail or a multicolored halfmoon, I just think those both are gorgeous.

I hope it's okay if I share another pic of Discord? :D 
How's your cycle going, made any decisions yet on what kind of betta you might get? 
fc7e3280-cdd0-4e5b-a14e-2708ee3226ca.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back