The Official "hey Lovelies" Thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair the Prez does need a vacation but so do other folks.  I work hard & I haven't been on a serious vacation for 3 years.  That last vacation was just a trip to NY to visit my family & friends.  Not exactly a grand event..........

What really bothers me is giving $250 million dollars or whatever to Egypt, and all the other foreign aid to countless countries.  The economy here is stagnant at best and inflation is starting to really kick in yet incomes in general aren't improving.  

phantomlink said:
I'm afraid to do my taxes this year, according to my T4 they only took off about 13% of my annual pay which... is odd because they take off about 20% of every pay already

Every year I owe on part of my income because it's paid as if I'm my own business.  I have to write off mileage, expenses, home office, etc. just to keep it that low.  The motherload of my income is salary & that's taxed accordingly.    

Woke up today, another clown loach, a skunk cory, and a black neon dead.  Did a 50% waterchange yesterday, tested water and its fine parameter wise but I'll do another WC today.

The only thing I can think of, is I made some DIY fishfood last week and left it in the fridge instead of putting it in the freezer because I assumed I would go through it pretty fast.  I have no idea if its not allowed to be refrigerated or not but I I stopped feeding it to them a few days ago

Hey Lovelies!!!

Looks like The Broons won last night.. They've played well enough to win, but I am not happy with their overall play.. I will not be getting another Stanley Cup tat this year..

Next number to go into the rafters will be #37..

Hey sorry to hear about your losses Phantomlink, hopefully things get better for you soon.

Hey Lovelies!  Got my Betta tank's water changed finally.  I've been so busy lately that I let them go for an extra week.  I made up for it though by doing a 75% water change on the 3 gallon & a 50% on the 10 gallon.  The Oto in the 3 gallon died a few weeks ago, so the algae in that tank gets heavy after a week or two.  Need to try some snails I think............

I want to split about 10 Anubias plants that're growing out of control.  I just need to get some more driftwood to attach them to.  I have some large pieces I found in the wooded part of my yard & I plan to cut them up a bit with the trusty chainsaw.

Ruskull said:
Hey sorry to hear about your losses Phantomlink, hopefully things get better for you soon.

Hey Lovelies!  Got my Betta tank's water changed finally.  I've been so busy lately that I let them go for an extra week.  I made up for it though by doing a 75% water change on the 3 gallon & a 50% on the 10 gallon.  The Oto in the 3 gallon died a few weeks ago, so the algae in that tank gets heavy after a week or two.  Need to try some snails I think............

I want to split about 10 Anubias plants that're growing out of control.  I just need to get some more driftwood to attach them to.  I have some large pieces I found in the wooded part of my yard & I plan to cut them up a bit with the trusty chainsaw.
chainsaws use chain lube oil right?

err, I ain't no genius, this burn on my left hand attests to that, but that can't be good yo, can it??

HAMBONE said:

chainsaws use chain lube oil right?

err, I ain't no genius, this burn on my left hand attests to that, but that can't be good yo, can it??

Too late, I already cut it.  It'll be fine I'm sure.  The miniscule amount of chain oil that may have come out while making a cut that's only 2-3 inches in diameter can't cause much chaos.  The 2 pieces I made from one are still soaking anyway, so by the time either piece actually makes it to the tank it'll be trace at best.

Hey Lovelies!

Yesterday I changed the battery in my ride on lawn mower, delivered a huge load of Spring cleaning junk to the dumps, trimmed and split some Anubias plants in the Betta tanks, cut that piece of wood, and spent the rest of the day working on a stone wall in the front yard.  Good thing too since it's raining here today.  I guess that's as good of an excuse to do water changes as any I can think of.    

I could use some more days off.........that's for sure.  Weekends just aren't long enough. 

Hey Lovelies!!!

Last full week of work before my huge vacation!

Going to has to purge the ole system starting later on today..

tanks are looking fine.. wery fine...,

I still want to see some pictures of your tanks Hammy...............especially the filter setups & the Angels.

Hey Lovelies!
Kids are fighting non-stop. I'm going insane.
All good in the tanks. Trumpet snail population exploding. I'm pluckin' 'em out when I see 'em.
Speaking of taxes, not so good this side of the pond either. Bills mounting up. Don't mind paying my way but the unfair, bs paying for the mistakes of others pees me off. All the criminal activites within our banks over the years and not one baddie got jail. If a regular person doesn't pay a bill, it's the first thing they get threatened with. 
Rant aside, hope all well in Lovelyland.
Roll on next week Hammy you lucky Lovely!
yes.gif

Hey Lovelies!!!!

two weeks from now, right now I should be somewhere over Canada, that is if I don't die whilst in Amsterdam..

Just came back from BT's Smokehouse.. Went after work and got me ribs, brisket, andooey bites as well as mac and cheese also a couple cupcakes..

Already ate the andooeybites and ribs..

Rusk, you want to see the tanks?? Well my wife bought me a new iDingus and I am pretty sure it has a camera on it.. I will see what can be done..

I made a new filter for the sex farm.. it was a moving bed filter, now it's a skrate air powered media filter.. it's looking good too..

I has a couple filters on powerheads, and I has a couple that run off air.. I will get pics of all my filters fer ya, and my Angel fish too...

One more thang, I has algae in my tanks.. I found my fish likes to eat it..

Good luck on your trip.  Keep us posted.......

I get some pretty major algae myself, especially in Bettatown.  Apparently algae likes slow moving current and the natural daylight that comes into that room in the mornings.

Ruskull said:
Good luck on your trip.  Keep us posted.......

I get some pretty major algae myself, especially in Bettatown.  Apparently algae likes slow moving current and the natural daylight that comes into that room in the mornings.
So if I post some pics I will not be judged for hasing a cruddy tank??

Ruskull said:
Not at all.
Mmmmm-kay Rusk, I took a few pics.. I will do my best to post them at some point in the coming days..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back