The Official "hey Lovelies" Thread

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Lovelies!  I posted up one of my 20 gallon tanks on craigslist & I got a call today asking me to hold it until Friday night after they get paid.  Should I or shouldn't I...........I also had someone e-mail me asking if I still had it.  Hopefully it gets sold before the week is out.

Email the person back saying you have an offer for friday, if they are willing to wait and you dont hear back then sell it to them.

I'm getting tired of people wanting my tank but never picking it up....

Yeah, that's what I did.  Technically the e-mail came first so I told them that I would give them first dibs if they wanted it.  I think it's a great deal, shoot I paid $100 for it with less stuff included.

updated my journal :D  That watersprite got huge in 3 weeks, I'm going to love/hate how these 6 little guys spread in the coming weeks

Hey Lovelies!!!

Busy day today.. I figured out how to properly build an interface assembly for our testing tools at the ole factory today..

The technique I developed produces an interface that is 100% reliable and and give the technician that works on these tools confidence that interface will not be the issue if a measurement is out of spec, saving man hours and lost production time..

The only problem is I am killing my fingers building these because I has to slip a lil o-ring on a shaft that is less than an 1/8 of an inch wide and is razor sharp on both ends..

It takes aboot two hours to fabricate one interface, and it's two hours of pure torture whilst making the assembly..

Yup, that happened..

The things we do to make an honest living..........

Had a bit of a scare in my 36 gallon tank yesterday, the filter was a bit louder than usual so I checked the spray bar flow and there was practically none!  I immediately shut it down, took it apart & rinsed everything inside.  I set it back up, turned it on and the pressure was back.  JUst to be safe I checked the ammonia & nitrite levels.  NItrite was fine but the ammonia was slightly lime colored, although not quite .25ppm.  MIni cycle! 

Hey Lovelies!!!

Did a water change on my 14 and my 8 gallons today..

Took out the home made moving bed filter and replaced the media with fluval ceramic stones..

Much happier now..

Hey Lovelies!!!

Another day, another Nor'Easter...

Only aboot a foot of snow this time..

Was toying with the notion of moving some female guppies around.. Thinking aboot moving two females from my 14 gallon to the 37 gallon..

Will grab a beer and move some fish around....

Got more containers to separate my axolotl babies so they have their own room, need to try to boost the size of the smallest and see if this will make them grow faster overall.  Trying a different method for brine shrimp it always failed in the past hopefully this one will work

Did my waterchange today, a few hours after I found a dead clown loach :( He was alive before the change...

Dead fish are a real downer............sorry to hear that.

So I was about to feed the 6 gallon last night & I noticed the water flow was clogged again!!!  I quickly shut it off, took it apart & it appears the culprit is the very fine API "water polishing" filter foam that was on top.  When I put it up to light you couldn't see through it at all.  I tossed it in the garbage & the filter is working perfectly now.  No spike this time either thankfully, I guess I caught it early enough.

It's tax season again and it looks like I'm gonna owe another $3200 again.  Barry's wife needs new shoes I suppose............and yet another extravagant vacation.

I'm afraid to do my taxes this year, according to my T4 they only took off about 13% of my annual pay which... is odd because they take off about 20% of every pay already

Ruskull said:
Dead fish are a real downer............sorry to hear that.

So I was about to feed the 6 gallon last night & I noticed the water flow was clogged again!!!  I quickly shut it off, took it apart & it appears the culprit is the very fine API "water polishing" filter foam that was on top.  When I put it up to light you couldn't see through it at all.  I tossed it in the garbage & the filter is working perfectly now.  No spike this time either thankfully, I guess I caught it early enough.

It's tax season again and it looks like I'm gonna owe another $3200 again.  Barry's wife needs new shoes I suppose............and yet another extravagant vacation.
Wow dude.. I hope Barry thinks after that bill that you paid your fair share..

and people in These United States think we're free.. what a joke..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Back