The Official "hey Lovelies" Thread 2

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Jones Beach is a great venue, I've seen many bands there including Kiss, Live, Ted Nugent, etc.  In fact we saw Live 2 nights in a row.  The second night they played more of the old stuff from the album Mental Jewelry.

Good times..........

HAMBONE said:
Apparently I am going to buy a 2.5 Gallon Bow Front (5 liter) tank this weekend, so my wife tells me.. She already picked it out.. I juss has to set it up and maintain it, which is cool with me because I got me another tank now!

Maths isn't your strong point, is it? :D 1 US Gallon is about 3.7 litres, so your 2½G is about 9¼ litres.

the_lock_man said:

Apparently I am going to buy a 2.5 Gallon Bow Front (5 liter) tank this weekend, so my wife tells me.. She already picked it out.. I juss has to set it up and maintain it, which is cool with me because I got me another tank now!

Maths isn't your strong point, is it?
biggrin.png
1 US Gallon is about 3.7 litres, so your 2½G is about 9¼ litres.

if you only knew dude..

Hey Lovelies!!!

Lil bit of a overhang this fine morn, aint nothing I hasnt experienced a few hundred times before.. found myself getting out of bed today at 0410 instead of 0400...

Hasing a very good friend and his wife/kid etc coming into town today..

BT's Smokehouse tonight.. I cannot wait!!

HAMBONE said:

biggrin.png

if you only knew dude..

Your job sounds like it involves a bit of maths - did I read something about calibrating oscilloscopes, or something like that?

the_lock_man said:

biggrin.png

if you only knew dude..

Your job sounds like it involves a bit of maths - did I read something about calibrating oscilloscopes, or something like that?

Hey Lovelies!!!

Yeah, I've been an electronics tech for the last 20 something years, and has been working in calibration since 06. My job is very math intensive..  I just give it a good ole guess when I am converting from standard to metric..

sometimes I am close, sometimes not so much..

Hey lovelies!

Realized the Rena xp3 I have doesn't use a spray bar..... Well I ordered one just in case I don't like the little jet thing. My heater also came today so now all I need is the wood that was supposed to come this week but got delayed so I had to delay my plants as well :angry:

HAMBONE said:

biggrin.png

if you only knew dude..

Hey Lovelies!!!

Yeah, I've been an electronics tech for the last 20 something years, and has been working in calibration since 06. My job is very math intensive..  I just give it a good ole guess when I am converting from standard to metric..

A quick rule of thumb for converting liters to US gallons is take the number of liters, divide by 2, then divide by 2 again.  For instance a 220 liter tank would be close to a 55 gallon, within a few gallons anyway.  A 100 liter tank would be around 25 gallons, etc.

Man of fish said:
Hey lovelies!

Realized the Rena xp3 I have doesn't use a spray bar..... Well I ordered one just in case I don't like the little jet thing. My heater also came today so now all I need is the wood that was supposed to come this week but got delayed so I had to delay my plants as well
angry.png

What?  My Rena XP2 & XP3 both included a whole kit of different attachments including a spraybar, jet tip, a flow control valve, etc.  That really blows if they don't include all the accessories anymore. 
Man of fish said:
Why not just divide by 4
tongue2.gif

Because it's easier to just do the quick math in your head, bonehead!

Ruskull said:
Hey lovelies!

Realized the Rena xp3 I have doesn't use a spray bar..... Well I ordered one just in case I don't like the little jet thing. My heater also came today so now all I need is the wood that was supposed to come this week but got delayed so I had to delay my plants as well
angry.png

What?  My Rena XP2 & XP3 both included a whole kit of different attachments including a spraybar, jet tip, a flow control valve, etc.  That really blows if they don't include all the accessories anymore. 
Yeah they stopped including it. That kit is $30 more, so I just decided to spend $5 for the spray bar piece. May have to buy the kit tho as I couldn't find a Rena spray bar so bought a marineland... Hope it fits...

Wow, that's lame.  Is yours called a Rena Filstar XPL or a XP3?  I once spoke with a rep for REna who said they're changing them over from XP1, XP2, XP3 & XP4 to XPS, XPM, XPL & XPX.  Not sure about the last one...............

Ruskull said:

biggrin.png

if you only knew dude..

Hey Lovelies!!!

A quick rule of thumb for converting liters to US gallons is take the number of liters, divide by 2, then divide by 2 again.  For instance a 220 liter tank would be close to a 55 gallon, within a few gallons anyway.  A 100 liter tank would be around 25 gallons, etc.

Yeah, all that fancy-pants new newfangled math might work south of the Dixon-Mason, but up here in Massatuckey we do things a lil differently..

for instance when I want to convert °F to °C I will use the following example of how... 83°F= 37C°

you take your temp in f, and switch the two numbers around and subtract 1 from the second number to equal degrees in C.. presto... works every time..

No way, that really works?  Lemme try dat out...............Didn't work!  You had me there for second.................

According to Google 83 F equals 28.333 C

Ruskull said:
Wow, that's lame.  Is yours called a Rena Filstar XPL or a XP3?  I once spoke with a rep for REna who said they're changing them over from XP1, XP2, XP3 & XP4 to XPS, XPM, XPL & XPX.  Not sure about the last one...............
Yeah it's an XPL, and the latter is the XPXL btw.

Ruskull said:
No way, that really works?  Lemme try dat out...............Didn't work!  You had me there for second.................

According to Google 83 F equals 28.333 C
Hey Rusk, put google down and pick up duckduckgo.com

it's nsa free websurfing..

Most reactions

Back