What's new

The Miracle Of Life

Joined
Oct 26, 2013
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
1
Location
BH
The gift of life is the best gift of them all.. ('coz love is the greatest? @_@)

Picked up this egg during my vacation in one of the tropical paradises in South-east Asia. Only God knows what's inside. I found it inside a hollow tree stump.



3 weeks later... Boom! Thank goodness it's not a cobra! Lol




A few hours after force hatching/egg C-section. The egg was starting to mold and catch a lot of unwanted fungal growths





Starting to act normal



At 2 days old, this one's a hearty-eater :D




Released the fella back into the wild. Sad to see it go but that's how it should be :D

Besides, I already have an adult version of him/her. Right, Fido? :D



Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys! :)
 

attibones

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
1
Location
US
It's really cute! I love that last picture of the little guy. How big was it?
 
OP
Tongue_Flicker
Joined
Oct 26, 2013
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
1
Location
BH
attibones said:
It's really cute! I love that last picture of the little guy. How big was it?
The last photo is of my captive snake of the same species. The baby was released back into the wild just a few days ago :D

But to answer your question, he's about 6 feet in length

GuppyGirl20 said:
I thought slited cat eyes meant venomous O.O
Nope. It means they're nocturnal and their eyes are meant to see at night :D
 

sawickib

Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
1,768
Reaction score
7
Location
US
Many things indicate venom, some being bright colors or and I think yellow and black together is poisonous I'm sure there's more signs to represent a venomous snake. How're there's things like cotton mouths that you can only really tell from the insides of their mouth, there's actually a snake that looks exactly like a cotton mouth but is as harmless as garter snake. Beautiful snake btw, so the eggs just hatch at room temp? That's really cool. I'd love to live somewhere like that with so much wildlife right next to you haha in Florida the only thing to catch is tree frogs, anoles, house geckos, black racers and turtles lol
 

attibones

Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
1
Location
US
No the last picture of the baby snake. How big was the baby?
 
OP
Tongue_Flicker
Joined
Oct 26, 2013
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
1
Location
BH
There are venomous snakes with really small heads like coralsnakes and mole vipers. No way to really tell except by identifying it. Most venomous snakes are obvious anyways i.e. rattling sounds, hooding up, red & black coloration (not always the case but good enough).
attibones said:
No the last picture of the baby snake. How big was the baby?
Oh okay haha. It was about 14 inches long
 

catfish4ever

Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2011
Messages
548
Reaction score
0
Location
GB
Tongue_Flicker said:
The gift of life is the best gift of them all.. ('coz love is the greatest? @_@)
Picked up this egg during my vacation in one of the tropical paradises in South-east Asia. Only God knows what's inside. I found it inside a hollow tree stump.

3 weeks later... Boom! Thank goodness it's not a cobra! Lol

A few hours after force hatching/egg C-section. The egg was starting to mold and catch a lot of unwanted fungal growths

Starting to act normal

At 2 days old, this one's a hearty-eater :D

Released the fella back into the wild. Sad to see it go but that's how it should be :D
Besides, I already have an adult version of him/her. Right, Fido? :D

Enjoy the rest of your weekend guys! :)
His did you get it on the plane and back home without people catching you?
 
OP
Tongue_Flicker
Joined
Oct 26, 2013
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
1
Location
BH
I could by legal means but i didn't. It is too young to survive a 9-hour flight back home
 
OP
Tongue_Flicker
Joined
Oct 26, 2013
Messages
1,115
Reaction score
1
Location
BH
sawickib said:
Wait so howd u do it lol
My mom is a diplomat and my dad works for the airline company I'm riding. So technically it's a free trip all the way, tax-free lol. I'm allowed to bring anything in as long as it is not mandated by international law lol
 
Top